Trusted Contributor

@Mimi NY,Check out N.Y. Bagels . There phone number is listed and cust service is great. They may be able to help you. Goog.....le

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

@Mimi NY 

I have ordered other bagels from QVC in the past. They were supposed to be shipped "overnight" but were shipped UPS ground. They arrived at the UPS hub on a Friday but not in time for delivery that day. I didn't get them until Monday. I felt I was paying too much for 3-4 day old bagels. If they could have been shipped earlier in the week, to avoid the Sat/Sun non- delivery days, I would have gotten fresher bagels. 

@Tribesters 

What made you think they were supposed to ship Overnight??

Did it say that on your order?

I have been buying for a long time and they are always sent ground.

They are not shipped frozen, there is no dry ice etc. so Overnight wouldn't be necessary really.

They are always shipped ambient....fresh not frozen.

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife 

You're right- not overnight. This was over 2 years ago that I ordered the Just Bagels from NY.  I had to go back to check my order info. My mistake - the description said they would ship 2nd Day Air (not overnight). But they shipped UPS ground & I got them 5 days later. The label was created on a Monday & my original EDD was Wednesday. UPS got them on Wednesday & my EDD changed to Friday. I received them late Monday evening. They weren't moldy but they weren't very fresh.

I had them on auto delivery but same thing happened with my next order. Sitting at UPS over the weekend delayed them by 2 days. They should ship them early in week to avoid them being in transit over the weekend. 

Respected Contributor

I order bagels on line from Utopia Bagels in Whitestone, Queens.  I get them in 2 days; currently free shipping.  They are simply wonderful; best bagels I've had in decades.  If you have concerns about the Q's bagel vendor, you might want to give Utopia Bagels a try.

As for "Da Bronx" bagels.  I did a search.  It appears that they are another name for "Just Bagels".  It could be that your order through the Q has the vendor creating the shipping order for UPS immediately.  Don't know if UPS works on Saturday.

Respected Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@nyc1 wrote:

Hi ...  I am on AD for these bagels.  I got mine  yesterday.  I've always immediately put them in the freezer as soon as I get them, and when defrosted they've been delicious.

I am very fussy about my bagels.  I now live in the  northern burbs of Chicago and  the bagels are very different from the ones I loved when I lived in NY and NJ,  and when we go back to visit my sister. 

If you are not happy,  call QVC when you get them.  Sometimes the tracking is misleading.  I've had that happen to me previously. 

@nyc1  The bagels in Chicago are lame now.  One of the few remaining bagel shops worthy of calling their concoction bagels is New York Bagel &Bialy in Skokie (they have another location in Lincolnwood and they supply a local deli in the northside inner city Andersonville neighborhood).  The only downside is that they do not deliver, so you have to make a trip to the restaurant.   

@Trix  "Lame" is kind!  Thanks for the suggestion.   My husband is a Chicago boy and we've had bagels from there,  which were fine.  There are a couple of other places that are acceptable as well....  but,  still not the same.  Going to see my sister soon and can't wait to tear apart a delicious crusty chewy NY bagel.  SO GOOD.  

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

@RespectLife 

You're right- not overnight. This was over 2 years ago that I ordered the Just Bagels from NY.  I had to go back to check my order info. My mistake - the description said they would ship 2nd Day Air (not overnight). But they shipped UPS ground & I got them 5 days later. The label was created on a Monday & my original EDD was Wednesday. UPS got them on Wednesday & my EDD changed to Friday. I received them late Monday evening. They weren't moldy but they weren't very fresh.

I had them on auto delivery but same thing happened with my next order. Sitting at UPS over the weekend delayed them by 2 days. They should ship them early in week to avoid them being in transit over the weekend. 

That's a shame @Tribesters 

Mine were just shipped today and almost always on a Monday.  They are in the Bronx and I am on the total opposite end of the state....but they have always made it quick and  very fresh.

I know certain vendors have a mapping grid for ground vs 2nd day.

For example: I am in the Buffalo area....quite far from Rastelli in NJ.  But 'NY' and neighboring states to NJ are considered ground.

I'm not far enuf for 2nd day in their opinion.  I disagree!  NY is a huge state and you are really taking a chance w/ just dry ice and ground shipping.

2x, I have had to get credit for totally defrosted and warm meat deliveries.

UPS fault for always delaying shipments that are clearly marked PERISHABLE FOOD

And Rastelli's fault for sending expensive food ground over 7.5 hrs away.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper do you freeze them in the bag they come in or something else? I have never ordered these but want to try the plain/cinnamon raisin combo.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper do you freeze them in the bag they come in or something else? I have never ordered these but want to try the plain/cinnamon raisin combo.

@DJs mom   I freeze each half individually in cellophane wrap, then place them in my freezer.  I personally don't keep the bag they come in.  But, after you wrap them individually, I guess you could then place them back into the bag they came in.  That's a good idea!

I don't have that kind of space in my regular freezer to place a whole bag of bagels.  But wrapped individually, I can find a place for all of them between everything else in there.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I will have to try them.  Thanks for posting.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper thank you. I can't ait to try these. I've heard such good things about these bagels.