Valued Contributor

Yesterday on the Gourmet show Wednesday  8/24  decided for the first time to order the bagel combo for daughter, who was born in the Bronx  but lives down South.Heard the owner say he will be making them fresh and will be shipping them out Monday Tuesday and Wednesday,just saw today one day later (Thursday)  got  email with tracking number and  that  they will be arriving on Saturday. Now wondering if they were already baked and just laying around. Don't say you  will be baking them and shipping out early next week , still can't track number yet as they weren't picked up yet.

Don't even know if UPS delivers on Saturday in her area, know I don't ever get UPS on Saturday where I live.So then they will be laying in a HOT UPS truck over the weekend.

Respected Contributor

Hi ...  I am on AD for these bagels.  I got mine  yesterday.  I've always immediately put them in the freezer as soon as I get them, and when defrosted they've been delicious.

I am very fussy about my bagels.  I now live in the  northern burbs of Chicago and  the bagels are very different from the ones I loved when I lived in NY and NJ,  and when we go back to visit my sister. 

If you are not happy,  call QVC when you get them.  Sometimes the tracking is misleading.  I've had that happen to me previously. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mimi NY  QVC tracking is mostly fictitious until it is fact. Don't start to track until the bagels have been picked up. If the bagels are not tip-top when they arrive, you can get a refund and don't have to send them back. A pain, but no money lost.

Honored Contributor

The only Q food I've ordered in the last 10 or more years were those bagels.  I don't remember the shipping and tracking times, but I do remember unpacking and setting up to freeze them all.  They were good for all of the months they lasted.  If  the peak of the hurricane season weren't just ahead, I would have ordered them again this week.  

Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

Hi ...  I am on AD for these bagels.  I got mine  yesterday.  I've always immediately put them in the freezer as soon as I get them, and when defrosted they've been delicious.

I am very fussy about my bagels.  I now live in the  northern burbs of Chicago and  the bagels are very different from the ones I loved when I lived in NY and NJ,  and when we go back to visit my sister. 

If you are not happy,  call QVC when you get them.  Sometimes the tracking is misleading.  I've had that happen to me previously. 

@nyc1  The bagels in Chicago are lame now.  One of the few remaining bagel shops worthy of calling their concoction bagels is New York Bagel &Bialy in Skokie (they have another location in Lincolnwood and they supply a local deli in the northside inner city Andersonville neighborhood).  The only downside is that they do not deliver, so you have to make a trip to the restaurant.   

Honored Contributor

I live in northern VA, 10 minutes outside of DC .  UPS delivers every day, even Sundays, where I live.

As for the bagels, I am born, raised, and lived through my marriage and divorce in the Bronx and Brooklyn.  These bagels are the real deal.  Worth every penny.

It's critical to freeze them once they arrive.  Personally, I only eat half a bagel at a time.  As soon as they arrive, I cut all of them lengthwise and wrap in cellophane separately, then freeze.  It takes time to do them all, but so absolutely worth it.

I can then toast it in my air fryer on "toast" on any day, and it's like it was baked that morning.  

Super Contributor

@Mimi NY, I think that they get the labels ready as soon as the orders are put in but don't actually shipped and picked up until the next week. I have them on auto delivery. My last order, the label was generated on Sunday but not shipped until Tuesday. 

Honored Contributor

@Mimi NY  UPS delivers Saturdays in my area and will undoubtedly expedite a second day air delivery.  Why are you so worried about something that hasnt happed. Your order is guaranteed. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Re: Da Bronx Bagels

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mimi NY  UPS delivers Saturdays in my area and will undoubtedly expedite a second day air delivery.  Why are you so worried about something that hasnt happed. Your order is guaranteed. 

When I heard Cliff saying he will be  shipping them out Monday Tuesday or Wednesday thought perfect  to surprise her with the bagels. But when email showed one day after placing order saying shipped. I was more so concern that they usually are not home over the weekend but are home during the weekdays. I did not know some areas  have weekend UPS deliveries,would think more so for holiday time ,not year round.

Recently she mentioned  there were bears sighted in her area ,could picture on her Ring camera them enjoying  the  bagels .

But did want to thank the ones who wrote back to explain that labels could  had been  made in advanced of being shipped out and hopefully that is the case and will go out Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.

Trusted Contributor

@Mimi NY 

I have ordered other bagels from QVC in the past. They were supposed to be shipped "overnight" but were shipped UPS ground. They arrived at the UPS hub on a Friday but not in time for delivery that day. I didn't get them until Monday. I felt I was paying too much for 3-4 day old bagels. If they could have been shipped earlier in the week, to avoid the Sat/Sun non- delivery days, I would have gotten fresher bagels.