Super Contributor

I'm with David; seafood is SO GROSS to me! Slimy, stinky, YUCK. Smiley Sad

Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Respected Contributor

Although maybe not the intention of the OP, but to me this seems like looking for a gotcha moment, trying to catch David in a fib.   Anyway, for whatever reason, I don't care for either fish or seafood. I guess it's the tongue to brain connection. Never liked it and probably never will.

Super Contributor

I was simply curious on how he would handle the presentation!!

After all, its hard to sing the praises of how good the lobster is, if you are not even tasting it.

Nobody else seems to think its odd, that all of a sudden, he is not tasting what he is selling???

Respected Contributor

@qvc chick wrote:

I was simply curious on how he would handle the presentation!!

After all, its hard to sing the praises of how good the lobster is, if you are not even tasting it.

Nobody else seems to think its odd, that all of a sudden, he is not tasting what he is selling???

No.  When he does hours of food shows, do you expect him to eat everything?  I actually would prefer the hosts not eat at all.  

Contributor

If seafood is slimy and stinky, it's not fresh.....other than maybe clams, mussels, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@qvc chick I, on the other hand, WILL eat any seafood!  If it doesn't eat me first--like the big shark I saw up close and personal once.

@Sooner 

I love seafood too!

However, once I got fresh shark and broiled it.  I didn't like that it had the consistency of beef and the taste of fish.  Just seemed odd!

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I don't eat seafood.  My father will only eat it if it comes from American waters.  Maine lobster and Maryland crabs. 

@Foxxee  you reminded me of my Dad.  He would never eat fish - something about WWII when he was in the Navy and they had to eat fish - a lot!

Anyway, one day we made homemade sushi and since my parents were joining us we made something other for my Dad to eat.  To everyone's utter surprise, my Dad wanted to try the sushi - and liked it!  And, ate it - he wanted none of the food prepared for him, but enjoyed eating the sushi with us!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: DAVID AND LOBSTER!

[ Edited ]

@davisesq212 wrote:

If seafood is slimy and stinky, it's not fresh.....other than maybe clams, mussels, etc. 

@davisesq212 - I agree.  Fresh seafood of any kind is neither slimy nor stinky.

I think that's just someone's way of saying she doesn't like it.  I love seafood and it's never been slimy or stinky.  Woman Wink

@qvc chick  - As for David, I remember years ago during a food presentation, a vendor tried to get him to try some seafood product and he said "You know I don't eat that."  I've never forgotten it.  He may simply be allergic to it.