Super Contributor

Received my shipment the other day and was very happy with the first one I tried.  When I went to empty the box and put them in the refrigerator one of the "sugarbells" was so rotten that my fingers went right through it when I went to pick it up- what a mess.  This surprised me as I thought these were handpicked and put in a boxes by a person not automated.  I am glad the sugarbells were for my house and not a gift.... Other than that the fruit is  excellent.

Respected Contributor

We ordered Honey Bells several years ago, and truthfully we were very disappointed.  We have fruits here called Satsumas, which are far sweeter than the Honey Bells wre, and also fresher.

Last week we received a nice box of fruit from one of the Texas groups that put out beautiful boxes of fruit and treats. It included a few Honey Bells, and they were very disappointing. One was like yours - just rotten. A couple of others weren't so great either.  This is the first time we've received them in a box of fruit- especially from a Texas grower.  Not a big fan of Honey Bells here.

Honored Contributor

I've read so many negative reviews of boxed citrus that I think you'd do just as well selecting fruit at a good local market.

Regular Contributor

I bought them a few years ago and they were spoiled also.  Got my money back.  You would be safer buying something similar at the grocery store.

Honored Contributor

I ordered 2 sets for gifts one year. UGH..thank goodness my son said they were dry and terrible because watching the vendor w/the bib sure looks juicy!

I believe they are no longer Cushmans (my SIL lives in West Palm Beach area & their main store was there) but are now "Harry & David".

Either way I'll never order them again.  I can go to Publix or any food store and buy them -- and I have to say sometimes they aren't too good there either!

Esteemed Contributor

I've watched the presentations and my thought is that they make such a mess w/squeezing the juice all over that it kinda grosses me out.  They squeeze it thru their hands and expect people to drink that?  Yuk  I know, you wouldn't do that at home, but still......They might be good, don't know, I've never bought them.

New Contributor

Just got my first box of sugarbells on Sunday! They were shipped a bit late but that was ok.  Had to throw away about 3 that were already rotten, so that was disappointing.  Gave most to a good neighbor who really liked them.  I tried one and it was very sweet but not outstanding like I hoped.  These fruits seem to vary from year to year and some years are better than others I guess.  Kind of expensive -- so I still like blood oranges when I can get them at the local grocery -- always a treat and very sweet.  I did have pretty good luck with the Honeybells in the past.  Does make a  nice gift for someone who is picky or has everything!  Happy holidays everyone!

Honored Contributor

I've always thought Florida oranges were better suited for juicing and California oranges for eating.  So I don't know why anyone would buy Honeybells and endure that juicy mess while trying to eat them out of your hand. 

Respected Contributor
I have not had good luck with boxed fruit either and it's too much money to go bad quickly. One of my local grocery stores has carried them the last few years but they do sell out fast. Even at grocery store they are not cheap but at least I get to pick which ones I want from produce department.
Valued Contributor

@karenBandSkip wrote:

Just got my first box of sugarbells on Sunday! They were shipped a bit late but that was ok.  Had to throw away about 3 that were already rotten, so that was disappointing.  Gave most to a good neighbor who really liked them.  I tried one and it was very sweet but not outstanding like I hoped.  These fruits seem to vary from year to year and some years are better than others I guess.  Kind of expensive -- so I still like blood oranges when I can get them at the local grocery -- always a treat and very sweet.  I did have pretty good luck with the Honeybells in the past.  Does make a  nice gift for someone who is picky or has everything!  Happy holidays everyone!

I guess I am missing something here from your post & from the OP....are you talking about recieving Honeybells and calling them sugarbells?  And looking at this product on QVC, the advanced shippping date is for 01/04/16????  Usually Honeybells are not ready until Jan/Feb.