Respected Contributor

I have more counter space in the kitchen than ever before. Love it. But I have no idea what to do with it!  What things to put on it and how to arrange things  so it looks nice but not cluttered , I dont like clutter Smiley Happy 

I would like some suggestions please!  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Counter Space

[ Edited ]

I have a toaster oven on one side & a Keurig on the other.That’s it. I like a clean look.I don’t like clutter.

Oh I also have a clear acrylic anti microbial cutting board near the sink. 

Honored Contributor

Don't put things on it and it will be beautiful!  The fewer things the better!  Maybe a couple of vinegar bottles and one olive oil bottle!  

Esteemed Contributor

I love the look of clean/clear counter space.( I have such limited space.) What do you use every day? I would have my Breville microwave, coffee maker and toaster oven on it. I would have my crock of utensils next to the stove. Put the appliances where you have the traffic for those items. Since I love flameless candles, I would have two or three lanterns on the center island or at the end of the counter space that is void of an appliance. I like to stare at for a while and see if I like it  or take a picture with your phone and see how it looks to you. Have fun with your new space.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Counter Space

[ Edited ]

I also really love clean, uncluttered countertops! On the big long section of my counter (which is an expanded peninsula, so there's only a short wall on one side), I've got my KitchenAid mixer tucked under the cabinets against the wall and a large fruit basket on the other end/corner. That's it. I love having all the open space, especially after enduring many years of small, shallow countertops.

On the smaller countertops near my range, one side features a small crock of colorful sheathed Kuhn Rikon knives and a larger crock of frequently used utensils, and the other side has a bread box up against the wall and open space in front of it that comes in handy while I'm cooking or putting things into the refrigerator next to it. Again, minimal and functional. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have about 25 feet of counter space part of which is used for dining.  I have a bread box, toaster, dryer mat for dishes, basket for bananas and apples. I do not like clutter either and only have out what I use on a daily basis.

Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa: Lucky you!

My suggestions would include: a plant in an attractive planter, a large bowl filled with lemons or Granny Smith apples  and a beautiful Boos cutting board.

Honored Contributor

LOL!!! I have a lot of counter space too.

I have a Foodsaver vacuum sealer, toaster, butter boat & bread box on 1 counter, a coffee maker, knife sharpener & paper towel dispenser on another counter, bread machine & Vitamix on another counter & my KitchenAid Mixer on another counter with a crock full of utensils I use the most.

I also have a higher bar top area in the kitchen. I don't put much on it because DH has a laptop there he uses & it's always there.

It does not look cluttered. There is plenty of room for all these items.

I don't like clutter so if it looked cluttered it would not be there. LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't fill up your counter with a lot of clutter.  

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy all the space when you prep and prepare meals, and bake.

If you have a nice window view or lovely finishes/appliances, maybe that's all you need.

You find a treasure you cherish, in an arresting color, and put it there (think pretty glass blue bird of happiness).

I have lots on my counters but I like it, though if I had to choose, the coffee canisters and Mr. Coffee would stay.

How about a bluetooth speaker?  I love my red Bose, and I love to listen while in the kitchen.

Cogito ergo sum