Respected Contributor

I don't know how you "clutter-free" cooks manage.  I wish I could but when I'm cooking, I reach and it had better be there for me.  LOL

I'd love for any one of you to come to my house with organizational advice.  Two large appliances are very heavy, they stay out: food processor and Saeco espresso machine.  Besides those, a coffee maker which entails a coffee grinder, bean containers for each machine. The air fryer is used almost every day as is the toaster, the Boos cutting board is a constant and I want access to cannisters.   I honestly don't know how to keep everything "put away" and not be spending a lot of time getting and putting back, fighting cupboard space instead of counter space.

Maybe most of you have wonderful roomy kitchens with pantries.  I hate clutter too but my kitchen "stuff" to me isn't clutter, they are my buddies.  That's my excuse and I'm forced to stick with it. 

Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

I don't know how you "clutter-free" cooks manage.  I wish I could but when I'm cooking, I reach and it had better be there for me.  LOL

I'd love for any one of you to come to my house with organizational advice.  Two large appliances are very heavy, they stay out: food processor and Saeco espresso machine.  Besides those, a coffee maker which entails a coffee grinder, bean containers for each machine. The air fryer is used almost every day as is the toaster, the Boos cutting board is a constant and I want access to cannisters.   I honestly don't know how to keep everything "put away" and not be spending a lot of time getting and putting back, fighting cupboard space instead of counter space.

Maybe most of you have wonderful roomy kitchens with pantries.  I hate clutter too but my kitchen "stuff" to me isn't clutter, they are my buddies.  That's my excuse and I'm forced to stick with it. 

@Free2be.  It all depends on what appliances that you use. I have a food processor but it’s not big and heavy, it’s medium. I hardly use it so it is in a kitchen cabinet. I only have a Keurig, so not much space. No air fryer here and no canisters as I never bake. I do keep cutting boards out. 

You would laugh if you saw my ‘pantry’.

Honored Contributor

@Free2be  I feel the same way.  My kitchen is small and  I really need to leave many items on the counter for convenience since many I use every day.  I no longer use a cannister set.  I have a knife holder (from QVC/Mark Charles), Keurig, toaster, bowl for fruit, mini Zo. bread machine and KA stand mixer with a cover.  I would not have cabinet space for all those items plus some would be too heavy to move every day or two.  

Honored Contributor

I forgot to mention my air fryer stays on the counter too.  I use it several times a week.

Valued Contributor

Knife blocks, wood cutting board, candle. Keep it free so you can cook.

Respected Contributor

Re: Counter Space

[ Edited ]

Wonderful ideas and suggestions! Thank you so much.  Cat Very Happy It is so different for me, came from a place with small galley kitchen and very little counter space. This is a nice change! 

(  I do not  have a coffee maker or blue tooth, mixer,  air fryer, bread machine

do have a crock pot, pressure cooker, can opener, toaster tho) 

Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy