Super Contributor

I recently got the Copper Chef griddle and while I really like it because it fits over only one burner, not two like my old griddle. I made pancakes and they were great. I did not use the glass topper with the pancakes. I then used it to make hamburgers and use the glass press on them. I turned my back on the stove and all of a sudden I heard and "explosion" and extremely small shards of glass flew everywhere. I found some of the shards 7 feet away by my patio doors. I didn't drop it; didn't ding it; it was room temperature and so were the burgers as they started to cook. The glass press was on the burgers firmly. I am at a loss to know what happened. I love the griddle and will keep it but wanted to warn others about this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Copper Chef Griddle problem

Did you also notify the manufacturer?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Did you also notify the manufacturer?

No, I didn't. It just happened yesterday. I'm not even sure who to contact.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Google is your friend Smiley Wink

Phone Number: 1-973-287-5176

Email:  info@copperchef.com

Lifetime Warranty info  which you should already have.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

Thanks for letting us know. We haven't used ours yet, but, will be very cautious. I hope you weren't hurt. I would definately notify the company.

Honored Contributor

Ive never figured why people put a press on cooking meat and squeeze all the juices out of it.  I though juicy meat was an achievement. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I had a Circulon lid "explode" while I was cooking potatoes.  The pieces stayed together, like a windshield when it disintegrates.  In reading the warranty I discovered you can't put this stuff in the dishwasher or the warranty is voided.  I'll take my chances on the occasional pan replacement, my dishwasher is my best friend.  I think it is the type of glass they are using now. 

Valued Contributor

I just got my grille pan and that lid looks very thin compared to others I have.  I wonder if that has something to do with it.