Esteemed Contributor

Looking for a slow cooker/crockpot and would like your recommendations. Also, what size would you recommend to serve 2 to 4 adults?

Thanks for your advice!

Respected Contributor

Re: Slow Cooker Recommendations

Hey goldenlocks ~  I've had the Ninja for several years.  Love It.  Besides the obvious slow cooker process, it also has a stovetop option.  I can brown my meat before hitting the slow cook.  One less pan to wash.  HTH

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

I got mine from BBB ...

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at Thu, May 25, 2017-7.09.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-25 at Thu, May 25, 2017-7.09.32 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Ninja 4-1

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Looking for a slow cooker/crockpot and would like your recommendations. Also, what size would you recommend to serve 2 to 4 adults?

Thanks for your advice!

I never used to be much for crockpot cooking, even when I was working.  But now I love the versatility of the Ninja 4-in-1 Multicooker.  I'm still learning but have a few favorite recipes.  I even do my hard cooked eggs in it.  So easy to make a bunch at once, no green yolks, and easy, clean peeling.  If you can wait, watch for it to go on sale or come up as a TSV, you can probably get it for around $99.

Respected Contributor

I recommend the Cook Companion version of the multicooker 11 n 1. It is cheaper and is ceramic versus non-stick. 460-656 It is on clearance for $69.96 right now, which means that they may be getting ready to do a new or a relaunch. I love mine and use it most nights.
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for your recommendations.

@JeanLouiseFinch

How do you hard-boil eggs in a slowcooker?

Honored Contributor

I gave away my slow cooker; it took up too much shelf space.  I now use a 6qt pressure cooker with a slow cooker setting.  It slow cooks and much, much more for less storage space. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 You are right about that. I do have and use my Instant Pot for all kinds of things. I use it about as frequently as I use my Cook's Companion.
Super Contributor

I have become very attached to my ninja.  Once I got used to it, I do almost everything in it.  I even have a second one in reserve if and when this one quits.  Less mess, easy clean up, very versatile.  

As for boiling eggs, I do them in a pan on my stovetop.  I don't trust any other way to cook them.

Best of luck choosing what is right for you.