Esteemed Contributor

What do you like in a wine glass?  OK, besides wine.  How do you like the glass to be designed?

I've just recently gone stemless, as I am prone to knocking things over.  I know, it may depend on the libation being consumed. I'm not much of a purist.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I've gone stemless too. I love the sleek design and no spills!

Contributor

I have gone stemless also.  My niece knocked over a red glass of red wine on my living room furniture thanks it only blotted up but after that I went out a bought a stemless set in "Costco".  But as for your question I think they make really nice desert glasses.  Nice for fruit salad..mini trifles....even ice cream sundaes...

Honored Contributor

If we don't have company and I'm just having a glass of wine because I want one - I will use a tervis tumbler 6 oz glass.  Keeps the wine nice & cool, and like another poster - I have turned over too many stemmed glasses.When we have company I do use stemmed glasses.

Esteemed Contributor

I've gone stemless too for the same reason; they are much harder to knock over.

Honored Contributor

I have stemless.  They are from Crate & Barrel and they fit well in the dishwasher Smiley Very Happy

I also use them for juice glasses ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I still use stemmed wine glasses.

In fact I like stemmed glasses so I bought stemmed everyday glasses.

I spill when I'm taking a sip, so I can't blame it on the stem! LOL

Honored Contributor

Certainly not the top of the line, but I have an assortment of stemware/glassware that's Waterford Marquis and that's plenty fancy enough for me.  I'm having company in June and expect we'll be eating on the patio.  To be on the safe side, I actually purchased nice acrylic stemless glasses for the occasion.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wine Glasses

[ Edited ]

Of course there was a reason I asked - I just successfully blew out a perfectly functioning MacBook Pro by spilling wine on it.

The replacement is nice.  The price tag is not!

I kind of like the stemless glass though, anyway.  I can no longer be trusted with the "tall boys".

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

My preference is white wine (pinot grigio specifically) and I like it ice cold, so I prefer a stemmed glass so the heat from my hand doesn't warm the wine.  

I do like the practicality of stemless, but I think they're generally best for red wine.