Esteemed Contributor
On 2/5/2014 PurpleBunny said:
On 2/5/2014 dfyre said:
On 2/5/2014 Puppy Lips said:

OMG I would rather do anything than cook. Just don't like it and never have (got that from my mother -- thank you very little). When I do cook, I put everyone and the food in danger as I get distracted and find something else to do instead. I will put a frying pan on the stove, turn the burner, and get distracted before I put anything in the pan. I will put in noodles to boil and forget about it until it is a mushy mess. I could go on but you get the idea LOL. The good thing that came from my lack of cooking skills and interest is that all 3 of my sons had to often fend for themselves for dinner and now they are good cooks!

How about you clean my house and I'll cater all your meals?

That's so funny - when I was in high school, my mom (who hated cooking) said I'll clean, you cook, so I was responsible for the family meals from then on. I still hate to clean and have a cleaning lady/cat sitter that I cook for.

Sounds good to me!!!

Well that sounds good to me too! I will even clean up the kitchen after you cook for me! I would much rather have a cook than a maid/nanny/chauffeur or whatever!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor
On 2/5/2014 dfyre said:

OMG I would rather do anything than cook. Just don't like it and never have (got that from my mother -- thank you very little). When I do cook, I put everyone and the food in danger as I get distracted and find something else to do instead. I will put a frying pan on the stove, turn the burner, and get distracted before I put anything in the pan. I will put in noodles to boil and forget about it until it is a mushy mess. I could go on but you get the idea LOL. The good thing that came from my lack of cooking skills and interest is that all 3 of my sons had to often fend for themselves for dinner and now they are good cooks!

How about you clean my house and I'll cater all your meals?

That's so funny - when I was in high school, my mom (who hated cooking) said I'll clean, you cook, so I was responsible for the family meals from then on. I still hate to clean and have a cleaning lady/cat sitter that I cook for.

Sounds good to me!!!

Well that sounds good to me too! I will even clean up the kitchen after you cook for me! I would much rather have a cook than a maid/nanny/chauffeur or whatever!

No need, I clean as I cook. I detest a cluttered or messy kitchen. By the time the meal is ready, the kitchen is all cleaned up!!! You can have the rest of the house, though!! I'll garden too ....
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

I prefer cleaning than cooking. I keep up with my whole house daily, so the work doesn't pile up at all.

It takes me 2 hours to clean my whole large house and it's sparkling when I'm through.

Trusted Contributor
Neither. Would prefer going out to dinner and a movie.