Honored Contributor

Chef who murdered wife -- don't read unless you have a very strong stomach.

They featured this on 48 Hours last night. I remember when it happened a few years back, he supposedly boiled his wife in a drum before disposing of her. He denied it last night during the trial. Anyone from Lomita CA area know what the local gossip is?

Honored Contributor

Re: Chef who murdered wife -- don't read unless you have a very strong stomach.

To boil someone is awful. Haven't heard of this case but I can pull up those shows using my PrimeTime on Demand feature.

Trusted Contributor

I saw that, so hard to believe that someone would do that.

Trusted Contributor

That's strange, because I watched 48 Hours last night, but I remember it being about another story. The story I watched was about an ex state trooper who was charged with the murder of his wife and two small children.

Was I watching something else?

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/2/2014 sue98 said:

That's strange, because I watched 48 Hours last night, but I remember it being about another story. The story I watched was about an ex state trooper who was charged with the murder of his wife and two small children.

There were two of them on last night, back to back.

Respected Contributor

Depglass, you and I have been here for a couple of years, but sheesh...could this not have been brought up on another forum-such as "Viewpoints"? I have not delved into the story-and I won't-and I respect you and enjoy all of your posts.....but just the headlines that you posted under are so dark....In return, I demand you post the recipe for your favorite "Sunshine is Here, Delightfully sinalicious (that word is my creation) Dessert, that will banish all that is dark and negative in one's life and make one glad to be alive! Let us celebrate great taste and cheer here!

Hugs,

Poodlepet

Respected Contributor

Depglass, this is an aside-but I was thinking about this movie "Silence of the Hams" but my son was passing by and corrected me-it was "Silence of the Lambs"....oh, pass the mint jelly please....

Poodlepet

Honored Contributor

I apologize for the complete lack of "taste" on my part. What made me post this was the Thyme thread. This chef's restaurant was called Thyme and off I went without thinking this through. I'm on my annual diet, so no good dessert recipes are currently in my head.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/2/2014 sue98 said:

I watched this too. It was Dateline.Smile

Respected Contributor

I also saw the show and do believe he murdered his wife, but don't believe he boiled her. They showed the kitchen and stove in the restaurant where this took place and there's no way a 55 gal. drum could be filled with water and have a 110 lb. body put into it to cook. The drum could not nor would not fit on any of the burners. Also, did no one smell anything strange? JMO.