Respected Contributor

Cooking (not baking), definitely. I really dislike housework. I clean as I go when I'm cooking...so there is no cleanup at the end.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Cooking, definitely. I would trade someone 10 hours of cooking for 1 hour of cleaning any day.

Honored Contributor

I'd much rather clean than cook. I've come to realize I HATE cooking, but I do it because my husband and I are diabetics and I do try to cook appropriately to our needs.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/4/2014 coffee drinker said:
On 2/4/2014 sciencegeek said:

While cooking isn't my favorite task, I do like it more than cleaning. But then I have to clean up the kitchen--it's sort of a circle, isn't it?

Good point -- guess being a woman means we're always going around in circles. Next time I wanna be a man!!!

I would rather be a puppy...........{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Respected Contributor
Cooking is fun, cleaning is a necessity.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

OMG I would rather do anything than cook. Just don't like it and never have (got that from my mother -- thank you very little). When I do cook, I put everyone and the food in danger as I get distracted and find something else to do instead. I will put a frying pan on the stove, turn the burner, and get distracted before I put anything in the pan. I will put in noodles to boil and forget about it until it is a mushy mess. I could go on but you get the idea LOL. The good thing that came from my lack of cooking skills and interest is that all 3 of my sons had to often fend for themselves for dinner and now they are good cooks!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

I love both, but mainly because we've remodeled both the kitchen and the bathrooms with easy cleaning in mind. I got rid of the old bathroom built-ins that were full of so much stuff that I hardly knew what we had. In the kitchen I put in easy clean surfaces, and all pullout shelves, so it's the best of both worlds now. Cleaning never takes long, is easy to do and, therefore, brings instant results. So, more time to cook and easier to clean up when I do.

But - there's always a big but - I waited many years for it to become this way. And, the work I did all those years set me up beautifully for things to run smoothly and well now. It was worth the wait for those of you still feeling the pain. I am sympathetic.

Respected Contributor
On 2/5/2014 Puppy Lips said:

OMG I would rather do anything than cook. Just don't like it and never have (got that from my mother -- thank you very little). When I do cook, I put everyone and the food in danger as I get distracted and find something else to do instead. I will put a frying pan on the stove, turn the burner, and get distracted before I put anything in the pan. I will put in noodles to boil and forget about it until it is a mushy mess. I could go on but you get the idea LOL. The good thing that came from my lack of cooking skills and interest is that all 3 of my sons had to often fend for themselves for dinner and now they are good cooks!

How about you clean my house and I'll cater all your meals?
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Super Contributor
On 2/5/2014 PurpleBunny said:

That's so funny - when I was in high school, my mom (who hated cooking) said I'll clean, you cook, so I was responsible for the family meals from then on. I still hate to clean and have a cleaning lady/cat sitter that I cook for.

Respected Contributor
On 2/5/2014 dfyre said:
On 2/5/2014 PurpleBunny said:

That's so funny - when I was in high school, my mom (who hated cooking) said I'll clean, you cook, so I was responsible for the family meals from then on. I still hate to clean and have a cleaning lady/cat sitter that I cook for.

Sounds good to me!!!
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )