Honored Contributor
Another idea for a quick dinner for one...a few months ago someone here mentioned an egg sandwich maker machine, which I got. It makes something like an Egg McMuffin in 5 minutes. I made one last night using an English muffin, a slice of pre-cooked ham, a slice of cheese, an egg. Very delicious and filling.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor
On 2/23/2015 Kachina624 said: My favorite quick dinner is a can of Campbell's Chunky Chicken Corn Chowder. It's very tasty, low in calories, and filling.
Thanks for the soup recommendation. Love corn chowder, so I'll try it.
Trusted Contributor
On 2/22/2015 Snowpuppy said:

I hate to eat alone so I invite Ben & Jerry

Good one, Snowpuppy! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I usually do something simple: soup, a sandwich, scrambled eggs, leftovers if there are any. That sort of thing. Nothing fancy.

Honored Contributor

Do what I do.....first I go to PF Chang's and do take out (eat that that night), then I go over to Panera and get the chicken noodle soup for 4 (what a joke, more like for 2), then I go over to Olive Garden and get a few Pasta fa Jole (sp), while I'm there I get a spaghetti with maraina and salad with that. The salad lasts for a few days (lunch), that's about 6 days (at least worth of food).

I NEVER cook anymore. Noth worth the trouble. I average eating out maybe 2 to 3 days a week at nice restaurants too.

I live alone and eat out with other widows. It works out well. I used to cook and loved it. No more. I'm retired from being retired.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor
On 2/24/2015 Kachina624 said: Another idea for a quick dinner for one...a few months ago someone here mentioned an egg sandwich maker machine, which I got. It makes something like an Egg McMuffin in 5 minutes. I made one last night using an English muffin, a slice of pre-cooked ham, a slice of cheese, an egg. Very delicious and filling.

I love the sandwich maker. I make an Egg McMuffin often for lunch.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I've been using my WP small rice cooker to make one serving of soup, meatloaf, quiche. It's great for portion control, no leftovers and losing weight.

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/24/2015 annabellethecat said:

Do what I do.....first I go to PF Chang's and do take out (eat that that night), then I go over to Panera and get the chicken noodle soup for 4 (what a joke, more like for 2), then I go over to Olive Garden and get a few Pasta fa Jole (sp), while I'm there I get a spaghetti with maraina and salad with that. The salad lasts for a few days (lunch), that's about 6 days (at least worth of food).

I NEVER cook anymore. Noth worth the trouble. I average eating out maybe 2 to 3 days a week at nice restaurants too.

I live alone and eat out with other widows. It works out well. I used to cook and loved it. No more. I'm retired from being retired.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Sounds pretty unhealthy choices to me.

Honored Contributor
If it's just me for dinner, I usually have cereal or eggs and toast for dinner.....I like breakfast more at night than in the morning and it is easy
Honored Contributor
I probably wouldn't put forth much effort to cook for myself, but would heat a Weight Watcher meal, cook a pot pie, or eat a lot more hamburgers and hot dogs. I watched my grandmother stop cooking after my grandfather died, and my mom only cooks a full meal on Sunday, because my brothers and their wives stop by to eat after church. However, one of my dads sisters didn't let being alone affect her desire to cook, and eat. From the time she retired, until she died, my aunt cooked amazing meals just for herself. If she was in the mood for turkey, she would roast one. She always loved to cook, and it is a great memory to know she did what she loved almost to the very end of her life.
Respected Contributor
On 2/23/2015 betteb said:
On 2/23/2015 tigriss said:
On 2/22/2015 RogerMeansWell said:

I lost a lot of weight on a diet that only uses frozen meals. I've become a freezer/microwave "cooking" expert!

Funny, because I actually do cook for my dog. Got recipes from a canine nutritionist.

What was the diet plan called, and where can I find it?

I'm not RogerMeansWell, but Stouffer's Lean Cuisine has a website that will help you build a diet https://www.leancuisine.ca/en/my-lean-cuisine/create-a-meal-plan/

Thanks, I'll look into this!