Esteemed Contributor

Cookie sheet recommendations?

I am doing my Christmas baking and I think its time to to replace my cookie sheets. What is a good brand?

Regular Contributor

Re: Cookie sheet recommendations?

Williams Sonoma gold ones.  My daughter gifted me with a set last year.  Love them...I am gifting them to two cookie bakers this Christmas !   A set of 2 sheets and a rack for about $40.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not known for my baking but I'll put my 2 cents in anyway. I love the AirBake cookie sheets. They really make a difference for me.

Respected Contributor

I still like AirBake which is what we used in home ec years ago and I've used ever since. The double layer prevents burning. To keep the sheets from getting stained with cooked-on shortening (from greasing the sheets) it's better to line them with baking parchment. You can also use baking mats. 

The paper is easy to use and clean-up is a snap. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I use 1/2 sheet pans and bought my Nordic Ware at TJ Maxx.

Honored Contributor

I like a good, heavy-duty aluminized steel pan.  I believe mine are Chicago Metallic brand, Commercial II.

I also use Silpats.  I don't do major baking so I just have one Silpat sheet for each of the two sizes of baking sheets I have.  If I don't use that I sometimes use aluminum foil or parchment, depending on what is being baked.

But a good heavy-duty pan is good and I like the aluminized steel.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey wrote:

I use 1/2 sheet pans and bought my Nordic Ware at TJ Maxx.

So do I.  I use pans I bought many years ago on Amazon.  The brand is Wear-Ever Heavy Duty 13 guage.  They were around $20 each, but have held up well over the years.

Frequent Contributor

I use Wilton cookie sheets.  Purchased them at Target, but they're also at other stores as well.   I had Kitchenaid sheets, but they didn't perform as I'd hoped, so donated them.

Regular Contributor

I use the 1/2 sheet pans made by Nordic Ware or the ones from Costco.  I use parchment paper underneath the cookies.  Great results AND there are additional uses for these pans...roasting vegetables, baking Texas sheet cakes, baking bacon, roasting lots of chicken, etc,

New Contributor

I have Wilton, but it is really a sheet pan with sides.  The reason I bought this brand is that they are very heavy.  I know Wilton carries some that are lighter weight, but I prefer a heavier pan.  I have had enough of pans that pop and twist in the oven when heated and stains easily.