Honored Contributor

Suggestions for dicer and slicer

I have been looking for a slicer/dicer that has different dicer and slicer attachments.  The slicer dicers I have found have bad reviews overall. I would like to find one to cut prep time for vegetables. I would appreciate suggestions please. Thank you

Super Contributor

Re: Suggestions for dicer and slicer

Mandoline shopping?

If you are looking at one of those, a few sites recomend getting a protective glove.

Happy Holidaze  :-)

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Esteemed Contributor

Well - - I've given 3 of them away if that helps any.  The one on Sunday show - pack your patience and have good strong arm muscles unless you expect to dice only peaches.

Honored Contributor

I'm not being argumentative here, but a GOOD kitchen knife is to me way easier and easier on cleanup than anything that I've seen.

One Christmas about 30 years ago I had received money for a gift.  I raced out and bought a couple of REALLY sharp good quality knives, a chef's knife and one other.  

Needless to say, I arrived at the New Year's Eve party with bandages on three fingers--just knicks but still. . .  I was the talk of the party.  

I assessed the situation and read a lot and watched people on tv and learned how to properly USE, Sharpen and RESPECT those knives and they have served me well since.

My point is to tell a funny and embarrassing story and to say that good knives are a friend for life if you are smarter than me and learn how to use them before you do bodily harm to your fingers and ego.