Super Contributor

@hick Cuisinart. My sister got one after her Keriug  clonked out.  It makes hot coffee. $99. At BBB.  no more Keriug for me either.  Bought myself one just like hers.  Love it.  

Super Contributor

My son likes his Mr. Coffee.  $20. At Walmart.  

Esteemed Contributor

We swear by Breville in $300 range but its still going strong after 4 years of a daily pot and it grinds the beans.

Trusted Contributor

I gave up on coffee makers and purchased an all metal French press, no glass carafes to break, no water leaking out of the bottom of the coffee maker.  I live in Florida and it's hurricane season.  I figure, God forbid, that if I get hit by a hurricane, I can boil water on my gas grill and at least make myself a cup of coffee when the power is out for two weeks.  

Have you ever looked into the water reservoir of a coffee maker?  I cleaned my previous coffee makers religiously with their clean functions and there was still slime mold growing in the reservoir...dark and damp, the perfect growing conditions for slime mold.  Blech.

But, if I were to purchase another coffee maker I would go with Bunn.

Respected Contributor

When my fave Krups finally gave out after years of great coffee, I went for the 8 cup Bonavita.

Love the Bonavita, ease of use, fantastic flavor out of the coffee beans, have had it for 4 years now and don't want it to ever break down.

I got the one w/the glass carafe w/cone shaped filter.  Not sure they offer the same one anymore.  Usually see the stainless carafe being offered.

Definitely worth the price and have seen it reduced at times.

Honored Contributor

Re: Coffee maker

[ Edited ]

Since I don't drink coffee I don't know if there are issues with coffee makers making hot coffee.

At any rate DH uses Hamilton Beach 49465R from Wal-Mart. He paid $17 for it when he bought it. It died so he bought another one just like it. Now they are $25. It uses cone filters.

He wanted the same coffee maker because he said it makes hot coffee. He likes it hot & strong. He uses 1 T coffee per each cup of water. 

Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker, 12 Cups, Black, Model 49465R

Esteemed Contributor

@hick wrote:

Looking for suggestions for a coffee maker.  NOT Keurig!

This is my second cuisinart that's biting the dust.

I'm not interested in fancy anything - just a reasonably priced coffee maker.

I do have an electric perculator and also have a pour over.

What say all of you?

I've tried several brands of electric percolators - 4 cup and 12 cup, including Farberware. All are HORRIBLE. They burn out between 2 months and 8 months. I'm using a 5 cup drip coffeemaker from Amazon - it's just OK - and it's never HOT. So I have to put each cup of coffee in the microwave. They don't make the electric percolators like they used to. I guess they forgot how to build them. They should be made in the USA.

Esteemed Contributor

No frills- Mr. Coffee.  Has lasted forever.

Esteemed Contributor

@Infinite Mom 47 wrote:

My son likes his Mr. Coffee.  $20. At Walmart.  

Gotta agree. After two KA coffee makers bit the dust at over $100 each, I bought this Mr. Coffee last year at WM for $30.

0c2e3682-0c4e-4125-9acd-4585daaaca1b_1.816b67f4cde9643c0b59079602ea15f2.jpeg.jpg

Regular Contributor
I have a Bonavita. Very simple but it has the water come thru to hit the grounds evenly, so coffee tastes good.