Regular Contributor

Looking for suggestions for a coffee maker.  NOT Keurig!

This is my second cuisinart that's biting the dust.

I'm not interested in fancy anything - just a reasonably priced coffee maker.

I do have an electric perculator and also have a pour over.

What say all of you?

Respected Contributor

We have a Cuisinart that I got several years ago.  I like it mich better than the Coffeeman we had before it.  I like the funnel shaped grounds holder and think it brews better tasting coffee.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

I had terrible luck with the Keurig and would never have another one, same thing with my Cuisinart.  I now just go to Amazo and get their cheapest coffee maker, that way when it goes I am not out so much money.  I had 2 Keurigs that bit the dust right after the warranty so NEVER again.  

This is what works for me.  I am so not interested in paying for brand names any more with the exception of Kitchenaid.  

Esteemed Contributor
The only coffeemaker brand I've ever had problems with is Krupp. I had two in a row that completely Krupped out. Never had an issue with my Keurig minis.
Contributor

Re: Coffee maker

[ Edited ]

I have a Bunn and love it, takes less than a minute to make 8 cups and the water is always hot.

Esteemed Contributor

@hick,  are you seeking a single serve coffee maker?  Do you need one with a reservoir?

After a scare with my current brewer two days ago I went searching for an inexpensive emergency backup single serve brewer.

After many hours of reading reviews, Q&As and looking through the photo postings and comments on Amazon I had finally decided on a particular one cup at a time brewer at $50.  However, during an unreasonable amount of time spent reading about it I discovered that Walmart offers the same brewer under it's brand, Mainstay, for $20.  The only difference is cosmetic with the Walmart brewer being plain compared to the Sboly offered on Amazon.

The brewer I purchased requires adding water each time as there is no reservoir but can brew up to 14 ounces and uses K-cups or your own coffee with a very small footprint.

If simple is what you are looking for you should check this brewer out and if cosmetics aren't important purchase at Walmart.

You can search for this brewer on Amazon using the ASIN number:   B07KPTQBF1

Disclaimer:  I have not yet received the brewer but the reviews for the brewer on both Amazon and Walmart are similar and there are easy solutions to the complaints noted in the negative reviews since most are attributable to operator error.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

We have and enjoy very good coffee from this:

https://www.qvc.com/Kalorik-10-Cup-Retro-Coffee-Maker.product.K404100.html?sc=SRCH

I had been a fan of inexpensive Mr. Coffee makers but the last one was awful.  Just blow molded plastic, no steam vent, condensation always dripping on the burner plate leading to corrosion - and a sub-par cup of joe since it had a single jet to wet the grounds.

The Kalorik looks nice and is compact.  Has a shower head water distribution arm and brews pretty quickly.  Hint:  it is available at a lower price from other retailers.

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

I love perc'ed coffee !!!   My 26 year old coffee maker is Krups coffee and espresso/cappucino maker. Never had a problem with it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have two Bunn coffee makers. One is brewing a pot in the morning, the other is the Bunn single serve which uses the K-cups. The single serve also comes with several "drawers" - one for the cups, one for ground coffee, one for tea/coffee pods.

Love them both and the coffee is great.

Respected Contributor

This! Available at Wal-Mart or a similar model is available on Amazon. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 8.24.56 AM.png