Respected Contributor

I usually make lasagne for Christmas dinner.  We have turkey for Thanksgiving and although my husband likes it, I'm not a big fan.   Once a year is enough for me.  

I usually make the lasagne and cook it up on Christmas Eve day so all I have to do on Christmas is just heat it up.   We keep it pretty simple for Christmas. lasagne, a nice salad and some freshly baked rolls.  

We do buy a special bottle of wine for Christmas dinner.  

Esteemed Contributor

Probably steaks on the bbq.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG ...Does Fresh Market have good frozen desserts?

...the nearest store is 1 hour from me and I would never travel to the store a day before a major holiday.  I could buy now and keep frozen until Thanksgiving.

Respected Contributor

Ham

cornbread stuffing

cheesy hash brown potato casserole

cranberry sauce (the kind that comes out of the can in a clump and is shaped like the can)

corn

sweet potatoes

biscuits or rolls with lots of butter

We used to have Candy Cane pie from Baker's Square but sadly, it has closed. (The one near me anyway)

Cheesecake

all kinds of cookies and homemade chocolates

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Dinner

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@ECBG ...Does Fresh Market have good frozen desserts?

...the nearest store is 1 hour from me and I would never travel to the store a day before a major holiday.  I could buy now and keep frozen until Thanksgiving.

@Mom2Dogs I have no problem what so ever getting any of their desserts and freezing them.

Since some come in frozen, you might get what you want already frozen.

Another amazing dessert that you can get frozen is the unbelieveable Black Tie Cheese Cake from Olive Garden.  It's like cheese cake on steroids!!!!

I'm thinking of that this year.  If you have a big family, it's $45.00.

See the source image

Honored Contributor

We stopped doing sit down dinners as many enjoyed various appetizers, ham and other selections at a brunch style gathering.

Since I'm usually home the kids have all different schedules its easier to either do family brunch or breakfast together.

This year none of us are making plans.  If they happen we will be happy if not we will Skype or Zoom.  

Honored Contributor

Braised short ribs.

Trusted Contributor

I host Christmas every year, but this year will be very different.  It will be just us and our two girls.  We always have a ham and lasagna, but I think I'm just going to do a lasagna this year.  I only make it a few times a year,  so at least it will still feel like a special meal to us.

Why don't you try some nice Filet Mignon?  You could steak and seafood too.  That's usually our Christmas Eve dinner at my mother's, but we won't be having that this year. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I don't usually think about Christmas dinner in October, but I'll probably get a porterhouse steak and a couple of small lobster tails for the two of us. And maybe baked potatoes and a salad. We'll share a steak since neither one of us has the appetite we used to have.

Respected Contributor

Every year I host Christmas dinner for my family and we always have a beef tenderloin roast.  I change up the potato, vegetable and salad and we always have rolls.  I make something chocolate for dessert.  

This year it will only be my immediate family so we will have fillet mignons with a dried cherry, red wine reduction, roasted potatoes, brussell spouts, caesar salad, rolls and chocolate mousse.