Respected Contributor

I will be happy to post a review @Marp.  One of the reasons why I am getting this is that no matter what I do, I just can't cook fish.  So I hope that with the help of the sous vide, I will be able to do so.  Love fish too much to do without or eat it overdone.  Probably won't get it until after Labor Day.

Contributor

There is no better cookware than Curtis Stone. What they say is absolutely true. Started when he had a 16" fry pan along with 1 identical for TSV inexpensive cost. It was so fantastic and nothing to cleaning it (even if burned on) that next time he came on I ordered the whole set. Have had it 2 years and it is perfect condition and performs exactly like day 1. Don't ever think it's a sales push.........what they say is exactly true. You will never be disappointed in Curtis Stone cookware. 

Trusted Contributor

@GigiDana wrote:

Can you speak to how the enamel coating looks after use?  I am ordering the white and am concerned it will stain and look a mess.  I have hard anodized cookware now and always hand washed them.  To my dismay, the non stick coating faulted despite taking great care to preserve it.  Appreciate any response! Smiley Happy

@GigiDana I've had a few of his pans, including two 12" frying pans and the everyday pan. I like all of them and think I will only buy his nonstick cookware from now on. They really last. The inside looks as new as when I got them, and they're a couple years old now. The outside of the pans are oil-stained, no matter how much I scrub. I've also tried using that clay cleaner (I can't remember the name) on the outside, and I wasn't able to get the pans clean. Oh, well. It's the inside that counts. Smiley Happy

I made two Beef Wellingtons for Christmas Eve dinner last year. One was browned in the CS Everyday Pan, and the other was browned in an enamel coated Lodge pan. The one in the CS pan was browned more with more fond in the pan. Yum! 

Respected Contributor

My Curtis Stone set and trivet are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I have to put out the trash for pickup tomorrow, and I'm so confident that the set will be a keeper that I'm putting three of my old, ugly, discolored, hard to clean Greenpans in the bin.

Respected Contributor

@pinkmochi you answered a question I was going to ask about the outside. I have seen enough great reviews about how well they cook and clean up to convince me to try them someday. (I wish there were silicone handles though) I need a new 8" soon. I really wish some company could produce one that could be cleaned on the outside also. Smiley MadFor me only ss has that so far. As you stated the inside is the important part.

I have Kitchen Aid 8" and 12"non stick  that by not using propellant oil sprays or metal utensils have stayed perfect on the inside. The colorful red on the outside cannot be cleaned anymore!

Regular Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

I've read lots of good reviews of his cookware, and find this very tempting. I'm going to replace the garbage Greenpans I got years back, and think this is the ticket.

FYI, re temp  limits, the webpage for the Curtis Stone set on special today says "Pans - 390 degrees Lids - 350 degrees." 

Years ago (within a decade) I purchased a few Greenpans from Target because they supposedly worked well and dealth with extreme heat (i.e. grill) easily. As a matter of fact QVC was selling the same pans last year or so with a well known country artist demonstrating them. Awful! Just awful!

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

My Curtis Stone set and trivet are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I have to put out the trash for pickup tomorrow, and I'm so confident that the set will be a keeper that I'm putting three of my old, ugly, discolored, hard to clean Greenpans in the bin.

I think you will find Curtis Stone's pans a huge improvement.   Now I'm sorry I bought the Lorena Garcia pans--Curtis' are better.  However, the Lorena pans are pretty and clean up better than pans I had from QVC. I like the Curtis pans because they are so easy to clean and the white is not cream--it is white, which is hard to find.   They are a perfect weight too.

Respected Contributor

I've cooked hamburgers and pork steaks in one of the pans, and so far it's just perfect. I hadn't realized that either the Greenpans had warped or they were never good at heat distribution in the first place, but the CS pan handles heat so much more evenly than the Greenpans, and it's heating the outer margins of the pan, which aren't sitting on the burner (electric). The Greenpan didn't.

When I got the set, I realized I did use my biggest Greenpan (~13") quite a bit and would miss that cooking real estate. I went back to HSN and bought the 14" multipurpose pan, which was $20 off. It should be perfect for the intended purpose, sauteing chicken, meats, and fish, and I have plenty of deeper pans to use if I need to add sauces. 

The care instructions say to place something between the pans if you stack them to preserve the finish. I'm going to cut a roll of that spongy perforated shelf liner into daisy shapes to conform to the curved pans. I already have two StoreMore lid organizers I bought here on the Q for the lids, so I'll be set.

I am really looking forward to using far less fat/oil in cooking, and the hassle-free cleanup is just as advertised. I could eat Curtis Stone with a spoon.

Honored Contributor

I used 2 of my new skillets yesterday. They heated evenly and eggs just slid out. Cleaned up just like he demonstrated. So far very pleased and nice thing they are lighter than my large 12" caphalon skillet.

Honored Contributor

I ordered his cookie sheets when he was on recently.  (They may not have presented them on air.)  Best I've ever had and I have had many.   (Set is 2 large sheets/same size)  I wish he would come out with a small and medium set.