Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I have 2 of his fry pans that I use all the time and love. Was tempted by the TS but I don't need anymore fry pans of dutch ovens ---the sauce pans are my need. And was thinking about the giant 14" thing with the lid ---sorry--not sure what it's called.

I was thinking about the 14" thing--it's just called a "multipurpose pan"--but the only thing that holds me back is the depth. There are several dishes I do that go from the sauteeing or browning of meats to adding considerable liquids, and this pan, at "1-1/4"H," is a tad shallow, so I'd have to dump everything into a fresh, deeper pan. Hmm. 

But if it would work for you, they've knocked off $20 and it's on 2 flexpays today.

Honored Contributor

I bought his last TS and I think they are the best pans I have.  Previously had stainless steel (wedding), and after many years when I started buying at QVC my first purchase was T-fal which was very good.  Later I had 2 different sets of Cooks Essentials.  After they got "shabby",  I bought Lorna Garcia's cookware from HSN which I still have and like.  It's ceramic and I loved the colors offered.  Recently bought Chef Stone's TS -- 5 pc. and it was $79. and I think they still have it on now for $99.  It was an everyday pan of a good size, a fry pan and a sauce pan (good size) and two lids.  It cleans up like a dream.  Nothing sticks and even if something has left residue--like a steak or burger, it just comes off so easily and no staining, etc.   I was happy to get a true white exterior too as that is hard to find.  Today I  ordered his cookie sheets which I saw online and don't know if they were presented.  I will probably buy more of his items even though I don't "need" them.  I would recommend his line.

Honored Contributor

@GigiDana wrote:

Can you speak to how the enamel coating looks after use?  I am ordering the white and am concerned it will stain and look a mess.  I have hard anodized cookware now and always hand washed them.  To my dismay, the non stick coating faulted despite taking great care to preserve it.  Appreciate any response! Smiley Happy

I have the white and so far no staining or discoloring on the exterior.  I only cook for one and have only had this set (his last TS) for a few months.   I'm very pleased with it and the inside is so easily cleaned and so far the exterior is just like new.  The white is a true white --not cream.  I'm really happy with the items I purchased.  (It's the 5 pc. set that they are showing today. Now it is $99. )

Frequent Contributor

That just sealed the deal for me!!  Thanks for sharing your experience!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Chef Curtis stone

[ Edited ]

I don't need another set but I'm thinking based on the reviews here (and friends) maybe I'll get the red.

My Caphalon is starting to show wear after 10 years (non-stick) and the CE set of HA I bought did not hold up as well.

Im on the fence may just order it vs buying 2 Caphalon pans which would be more than the TS.

changed my mind - took advantage of the 3 skillets - I need them more than the other pieces in the big set.

Respected Contributor

I bought the set in Stone Grey. 

I'll be washing my Greenpans for the last time. It will be a happy day when I put those ugly things in the trash. Every time I use them, they remind me that I was ripped off. I've shopped for replacements for quite a while and  waited a long time to get these, so the long-term users could post reviews.

I really needed frying pans, because I have Le Creuset and copper saucepans and sauteuses, but the Curtis Stone three-piece frying pan set some have discussed didn't include lids. Although I have glass lids from the Greenpans and other pans, I wasn't sure of the fit. I liked the strainer lid and the domed lid that come with this set.

Respected Contributor

I have to say I was really tempted to buy that set but passed on it.  

Respected Contributor

I bought the last smaller sized TS that had the three pans.  I'm very happy with them so far. 

Respected Contributor

I have never purchased any of his items because I just have enough pots and pans that I love and they will last me for the rest of my life.

However, I was intriqued by his Sous Vide stick and have researched this method of cooking for a while.  Today I have decided to order his.  Don't think it's any better than all the others, but the one I had originally decided to get, needs to be operated through an app.  Just wanted one that I can control myself in my own kitchen.  Hope it's all it promises.

Esteemed Contributor

@CLEM, I have been on the fence about the sous vide stick and how well it will work.

Once you have had a chance to put your through its paces please post a review .

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.