Respected Contributor

Repurposed the extra jars. One way is to place votives inside. Perfect for outdoors use. 

Valued Contributor

I will also use Bernardin lids.  They are made by the parent company of Ball and widely used in Canada.

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee 

Can you share your jelly recipe? 

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom : I have one recipe that you cook on the stove top . I have a recipe modified to use in the Ball Jam and Jelly Maker. I have another recipe that you just blend together and refrigerate with no canner needed- that I found from my recipes.com. As you know they can be made either mild or hot depending on how you prepare the  peppers and the variety of peppers. For the mild- remove all seeds . For hot- use more peppers and just clean peppers and roughly chop. Will include all below.

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom : Southern Bee's Pepper Jelly Recipe = using a large pot or Dutch Oven

15 Large Jalapeño Peppers

3 Medium Bell Peppers

1 Teaspoon Butter or Margarine = to reduce foam

1 Package Fruit Pectin or the Low Sugar Pectin 

3 Cups of Sugar: use 1/4 cup of sugar to mix with the Fruit Pectin

1/2 Cup of Vinegar 

1/2 Cup of Water

If you want the jelly to be more colorful add a couple squirts of green food coloring.

Wear gloves and mask while preparing peppers .

Clean and cut peppers in strips. Use food chopper to chop or purée. Then place in colander to drain real good= this is important to prevent the jelly from having to much liquid to set up.

Place the peppers and fruit pectin in a large pot, add butter.Mix well.Add water and vinegar and mix well.Add food coloring if using. Bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 3 minutes. Add the rest of the sugar and mix well. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Quickly fill the processed jars, remove bubbles, wipe jars, add lids and seal. Place in prepared canner and process for 5 minutes. 

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom : Reduced Sugar Pepper Jelly Recipe using the Ball Jam and Jelly Maker

I like the reduced sugar because for me and my friends  - allows more flavor from the variety of peppers used.

2 large bell peppers ruffly cut = 2 cups

3 medium jalapeños peppers ruffly cut= 2/3 cup

2/3 cup vinegar

3 tablespoon of fruit pectin

1/2 teaspoon of butter

2 cups sugar

1 drop of green food coloring 

Combine pepper and put in chopper . Ruffly chop . Remove and drain in colander. Yields about 1 1/3 cup chopped. Place in small bowl add the food coloring and set aside.

Spread the pectin evenly over the bottom of the jelly maker.

Add peppers evenly over the pectin

Pour vinegar evenly over the peppers

Add butter to reduce foam

Press - Jelly Button and it defaults to 25 minutes- then press (-) button to 21 minutes. Press enter.

Wait and listen and at 4 minutes  at (18)  minutes the jelly maker should beep 4 times signal to add sugar while the stirrer continues to turn. Replace glass lid. Jelly maker will continue until the end of cycle. Press cancel and unplug jelly maker. Remove lid and stirrer with pot holders. Skim off any foam if necessary . Fill jars and process in water bath canner.This normally fills 5 of the 4 ounce jars.

To make extra hot pepper jelly: Use 8 large jalapeño peppers and 15 Habanero peppers . I have have made a total of 6 jars of the hot and friends begging for more and 5 jars of the mild.I didn't tell them but also have 11 jars saved for Christmas gifts . 

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom :  No canner needed - Pepper Jelly Recipe- very quick and easy.

1/2 cup Apple Jelly

1/2 cup Orange Marmalade

1 tablespoon vinegar

1 tablespoon chopped Haberano peppers ( about 4 peppers).

Stir together all ingredients in a small pan over medium heat until jelly and marmalade are melted and mixture blended.Cool. Place in container with lid. Refrigerate for 8 hours. Yields approximately 1 cup and consume within a couple of days.

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee 

Thank you for taking the time to share your recipes.  Definitely going to try.

I have never heard of a jam and jelly maker.  Had to Google.  Looks like that recipe is strictly for using one since you layer ingredients.

When one processes jars that have ingredients in and lids screwed on, does that mean in a water bath covering jars and boiling for a certain number of minutes?  That's what I do with my jam.  u should learn how to do applesauce.  My mother always did that and now I have a very deep pot that would work.

Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom : I tried to read everything and be clear as possible- sorry. Yes- process in water bath canner for a certain number of minutes.

I love the jam and jelly maker but of course makes small batch.

I have never tried applesauce but sounds delicious. I am looking forward to try and make peach jam. We have a place that we purchase peaches from every year by the case. I have always prepared peaches and froze them but never made jam or jelly.

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee 

Yikes, I probably inadvertently insulted you with my typo!  I meant to say that I need to learn how to can applesauce.  And your instructions were lovely - I have so limited knowledge about canning.   I make small step with my triple berry jam.  My mom made it and I have had good success with the process.  Thanks again!