Regular Contributor

I've never used canned chicken but have been seeing lots of recipes that utilize this product.

I recently bought a can - it's ingredients are chicken - no weird stuff.

Just wondered if anyone uses canned chicken.  I'm planning on chicken salad.

What say all of you????

Honored Contributor

I've always had some on hand.    Quick sandwich filling, addition to soup, snack for kitty or fido......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I bought the Kirkland brand for the first time at Costco during the early virus shutdown.  I was afraid of shortages and wanted something shelf stable on hand.

I have used it in casseroles and soups. It is pretty good.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

We buy the canned chicken from Sam's and have used it for years.

Trusted Contributor

@hick  Yes i have used it a lot for years especially for lunches when I was stille working. I used a dab of olive oil mayonaise and  a generous spoonfull of no sugar added sweet pikle relsih. High protein ,low fat ,  very little carb. Can have it just like that, or on 1 slice of bread or a few crackers. Otr cut a red bell pepper in half and use it on that. I have also made it without the pickle and instead used no sugar added pineapple tidbits. I have also instead of using the mayo did a small amount of barbecue sauce in it, or a vinagrette dressing. Be creative and enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been using Kirkland's canned chicken for years.  It's great for chicken salad and casseroles.  I always have some in the house.

Super Contributor

Due to shortages I tried the Sams premium canned chicken. I tested it on my 22 year old and husband with chicken tacos and they liked them. Mary's nest has a recent youtube video on a Sams stock up givinf ideas on canned chicken. I use fresh chicken now but purchased several cans of this for my long term storage pantry.

Floral Pillow
Honored Contributor

I bought the multi pack from Costco, too, when fresh meat was limited last year.  Years ago, I used to make a canned chicken, Minute Rice, canned creamed soup casserole that my mom always used to make. Today, the canned chicken gets used for chicken salad or other small, simple concoction; Buffalo chicken, taco meat, bbq chicken.  

Respected Contributor

Surprisingly it's not bad for some uses like soup, salads. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Canned chicken??????

[ Edited ]

I think it's tasty right out of the can and have been building up my stock in case of emergencies.  I buy the low salt chunky chicken breast packed in water.