Respected Contributor

CHEFSCATALOG IS BACK!!

[ Edited ]

I received a ChefsCatalog  catalog in the mail today and was so excited to see that it was back in business.  I logged on to their website, it's different and did not have time to look thru everything...   ChefsCatalog was always my favorite place to look for and to purchase kitchen and dining stuff...

Honored Contributor

That is good news, Chef's Catalog was always one of my favorite places to shop. This gives me hope that maybe Country Curtains will come back someday.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Frequent Contributor

That was such good good news....have been missing them for a long time, as that is where most of my paycheck was spent. Smiley Very Happy

I just called them, and yes they are still the same company, but headquarters are in Napa CA, and shipping from various US warehouses.  They are also under new ownership.  I am sure they had to start up with new ownership etc. probably due to a non-compete clause in the original sales agreement with Target. (They should not have sold in the 1st place.)

Thank you for posting this.....you made my day!!!

Trusted Contributor

Yay!!!! That is awesome. I loved shopping with them. I was so disappointed when they went out of business. But......now my credit card will be quite active....I’m a total pushover for kitchen/Baking/cooking stuff.....😊😊

Respected Contributor

Yay! I got some really good bargains when they went out of business. I wonder if they'll bring back their "never burn" pots. They are my favorite for soups and stews.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for letting us know, I checked out the Web site. Will have to check if I'm on their mailing list. 

Honored Contributor

I was also a big fan of Chef's Catalog and had purchased numerous great things from them over the years.

If they were bought out by somebody else, I wonder if they are going to be completely different and they are just capitalizing on the popular name of the former company.

I think I got both of my larger Boos Boards from them. I also got the most beautiful olivewood utensils that will also last forever, and a stainless steel bowl set that is stunning.  They were pretty expensive but then one day I saw them for $30 LESS and ended up buying another set.  I didn't need another set but, knowing what excellent quality they were, I couldn't resist buying more.   Going from $90 to $60 a set was a huge difference.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I was also a big fan of Chef's Catalog and had purchased numerous great things from them over the years.

If they were bought out by somebody else, I wonder if they are going to be completely different and they are just capitalizing on the popular name of the former company.

I think I got both of my larger Boos Boards from them. I also got the most beautiful olivewood utensils that will also last forever, and a stainless steel bowl set that is stunning.  They were pretty expensive but then one day I saw them for $30 LESS and ended up buying another set.  I didn't need another set but, knowing what excellent quality they were, I couldn't resist buying more.   Going from $90 to $60 a set was a huge difference.

@chickenbutt

The only thing  I can tell you is that the catalog isn't even close to what it used to be, neither is their website.  They just don't have as much stuff and fewer brands.  I don't know if it's because they are starting back up or what...  I went from being so excited to disappointed.  Like you, I bought lots of stuff from them over the years they were in business...

Honored Contributor

Hi Katie!  That's a shame.  Smiley Sad   I haven't gone there yet as I've been busy but now I think I'll just not be in a hurry.  Besides, it's not even like I need anything else for my kitchen!

It would be a shame if it's something completely different and they just took the name.