Esteemed Contributor

Re: CAN YOU RECOMMEND A GOOD IMMERSION BLENDER?

Last year for my birthday, DH got me a Cuisinart immersion blender. I was surprised! Didn't know he knew enough about them to purchase one, but he had done lots of research. This model has 2 "ends" on it: the regular immersion one and a whisk attachment. This Cuisinart has worked well for me. DH said he purchased it on Ebay and got a good deal on it there.

Good luck!

Contributor

I have a 20 year old Braun, that I use all the time and it still works perfectly! It's a workhorse. And I only paid about $20. Dollars for it.
Super Contributor

On 1/14/2015 sweetj said: I have a 20 year old Braun, that I use all the time and it still works perfectly! It's a workhorse. And I only paid about $20. Dollars for it.

Braun used to be the standard and they are still good but far more costly than the 200 watt Cuisinart.

Contributor

Hi,

I have the Wolfgang Puck and the Kitchenaid. Prefer the Wolfgang Puck. Got it from HSN years ago and it works great. Has attachments to it too!

Respected Contributor

I have a Cuisinart. I do not like the plastic one, get a stainless steel. A battery might not produce enough oomph for a stick blender. So mine has a cord.

I gave one of these to a friend for Christmas in 2013 and he's STILL talking about it, every time he makes a batch of soup.

Honored Contributor

GO BIG OR GO HOME! Saw one of these on those restaurant shows...that's a lot of blending!

Honored Contributor

On 1/13/2015 namealreadytaken said:

Cuisinart Smart Stick.

It gets my vote, too. Love mine!

Mine is corded.

Valued Contributor

I just purchased a 3-speed Kitchenaid hand blender that comes with the rubber ring that prevents cookware from getting scratched. It comes with the whisk and chopping container. Through 1-25-15, it is $29.99 at Costco. It's out of stock online. (Their regular price is $39.99- unheard of elsewhere!) I haven't used it yet, but reviews are great!
Trusted Contributor

On 1/13/2015 chessylady said: I have a Kitchen Aid that I use mainly for soup. I like that the part that blends is stainless steel.

Love my KitchenAid. My husband did a lot of research before purchasing and it had the highest ratings.

Respected Contributor

Bamix is the immersion blender I own. I highly recommend it!