Regular Contributor

Rachael Ray set of 3 oval bakers problem

I bought this set of 3 in yellow not that long ago. I use them sparingly. All the pottery has what looks like cracks in them although nothing leaks.

I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem. I like Rachael Ray's products and so am very disappointed with these bakers.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Rachael Ray set of 3 oval bakers problem

Wow I am surprised . I love my RR bakers and use them all the time. They look brand new.

I would notify the manufacturer.

Contributor

Just wondering if you put them in the dishwasher and use the heated drying cycle. I have Vietri (Italian stoneware) plates, cups, etc. It is dishwasher "safe", but I was told to use the delicate wash cycle and "eco" dry cycle. Excessive heat in the dishwasher can produce cracks in the glaze, but the stoneware is still safe to use. Just a thought.

Janice

Esteemed Contributor

I have three sets of her Cucina Rustica. I use them daily and wash in the dishwasher regularly. No problems at all - in fact, they look like new.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

On 1/15/2015 jrcnc said:

Just wondering if you put them in the dishwasher and use the heated drying cycle. I have Vietri (Italian stoneware) plates, cups, etc. It is dishwasher "safe", but I was told to use the delicate wash cycle and "eco" dry cycle. Excessive heat in the dishwasher can produce cracks in the glaze, but the stoneware is still safe to use. Just a thought.

Janice

Do you know if Fiestaware is safe to put in the heated dry cycle? I have been, but my one and only piece is fairly new. I will quit if it isn't safe. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

On 1/16/2015 mima said:
On 1/15/2015 jrcnc said:

Janice

Do you know if Fiestaware is safe to put in the heated dry cycle? I have been, but my one and only piece is fairly new. I will quit if it isn't safe. Thanks!

The website says that Fiesta is good up to 350 for dishes and 500 for bakeware. However, you can call them to be sure:

P: 800.452.4462 (Option #2)
F: 304.387.0593
E: fiesta@homerlaughlin.com

Respected Contributor

On 1/16/2015 meezerpleezer said:
On 1/16/2015 mima said:
On 1/15/2015 jrcnc said:

Janice

The website says that Fiesta is good up to 350 for dishes and 500 for bakeware. However, you can call them to be sure:

P: 800.452.4462 (Option #2)
F: 304.387.0593
E: fiesta@homerlaughlin.com

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

if you notify the manufacturer would you please let us know the results?

Frequent Contributor

On 1/16/2015 mima said:
On 1/15/2015 jrcnc said:

Janice

I've been putting my Fiesta dinnerware and bake-ware in the dishwasher, with the heated dry cycle, for years. Every piece is as perfect today as when I first got them. High quality and made in the USA, can't beat Fiesta.