Honored Contributor

CAN YOU RECOMMEND A GOOD IMMERSION BLENDER?

My battery operated immersion blender broke and I've used it enough to know I want a better one ...... I did some browsing on Ebay and was suprised to see so many varieties and brands. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Do you have one ..... and/or can you recommend a good one? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

TIA !!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

Re: CAN YOU RECOMMEND A GOOD IMMERSION BLENDER?

I would ask what do you want to use it for and then make a better suggestion. As an example I make a 7 quart pot of pea soup with pieces of ham, carrots, and celery (of course seasoning) and then with my older Wolfgang Puck 550 watt unit I easily in seconds blend the entire pot into smoothness.

If you want to do something like this you need a more powerful unit with a metal wand as close to 9" as you can find.

Now if you simply want to blend protein drinks or make dressings or other emulsions, Cuisinart makes a fine 200 watt unit that would be more than capable.

Super Contributor

I have the cuisinart smart stick and I LOVE it! Have had it for years and still going strong. It wasn't very expensive either I don't think. I use mine mostly for ice cream shakes, fruit smoothies and also I always buy whole tomatoes in the can and use it to crush or purée them. I've also used it when making creamed soups, sauces and gravies. It's one of my favorite kitchen gadgets!
Honored Contributor

I have a Cuisinart Smart Stick, too. Mine can be used as a regular immersion blender, but also has a beater attachment. I've had it for several years.

Honored Contributor

Cuisinart Smart Stick.

Trusted Contributor

Smart Stick. Great tool!
Valued Contributor

Cuisinart.Smiley Happy I love, love, love my immersion blender!
Respected Contributor

I have a Kitchen Aid that I use mainly for soup. I like that the part that blends is stainless steel.
Respected Contributor

We have a Kitchen Aid. Plug in model. Works for us.

Honored Contributor

I recently bought a Cuisinart at Amazon as it has rave reviews.