Honored Contributor

i buy kerrygold irish butter, plugra, and amish roll butters for when the taste of the butter really matters, especially at breakfast.

i like them all, but the irish butter is my favorite.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Chopsmom wrote:

@Bhvbum 

Thanks for the guide, interesting.   

I love butter, never had one I didn't like.  Might have to give the others a try.  

By the way, the Land O Lakes Lite Butter makes excellent grilled cheese.   It spreads easily so you get even coverage.  I'm too lazy to let the stick soften.

I'm too lazy to let the sticks soften too, so I keep a stick on my counter in a covered butter dish like the French do. That was probably 20 years ago.  I think the longest my butter might sit out, would be for a couple of weeks.  I even googled it one time and found this info:

"A Lab in California ran many tests, and found out that butter kept at room temperature, can stay on the counter no problem, for three weeks without refrigeration. (And if you have a stick that sits on the counter longer than three weeks, you're probably not making enough Southern Living recipes.)

Esteemed Contributor

Very interesting about leaving butter out on your counter, @Bhvbum .  My mom always did that.  She bought butter in a two pound roll and would cut off a section at a time for the butter dish.  We grew up having butter on just about everything as my mother loved it.  She never had high cholesterol, either.  

I may have to get out a butter dish and try this again. Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Very interesting about leaving butter out on your counter, @Bhvbum .  My mom always did that.  She bought butter in a two pound roll and would cut off a section at a time for the butter dish.  We grew up having butter on just about everything as my mother loved it.  She never had high cholesterol, either.  

I may have to get out a butter dish and try this again. Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

Come to think of it my mom did too, she also kept a little can of bacon grease out to use to season food. Nobody died. 

Respected Contributor

Kerry Gold for me.  

Super Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

Has anyone had French butter? I've read a few reviews and it tastes like nothing we've ever had. I've ordered some, shipping was insane BUT I'll report back after I've tried on my homemade bread Smiley Happy

Beurre D'isigny.  I find it in Whole Foods and Central Market in Texas.  I use it for everything from spreading on toast to cooking and baking.  I won't ever go back to American butter.  It is incredible.

Trusted Contributor

Kerigold is the only one I buy.  It is well worth it.  I use limited amounts of Kerigold butter and grapeseed oil.  Love it!