Respected Contributor

@Kachina624I did the same when I whipped cream.  Didn't taste too bad, either.  Could not see myself manual churning for 20 minutes for "homemade" butter.  

I've written this before, "if QVC sells it, people will buy it"!!!

Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee  I'm keeping that list handy.  Christmas will be here before you know it, and I'm always looking for that certain something to add to my "Gift Closet."  Let's see a straw broom for my SIL -- such an old fashioned gal and the candle maker for my DH.  The guy never has enough light!!!

Frequent Contributor

Hey Coffeedrinker & Pooky, if you check out Lehmans.com they also have the butter churn in 2 different sizes, they also carry that butter boat that QVC use to sell that you put the water in the bottom, and they also have other kits for home making items, like make your own maple syrup. 

I did buy a bread slicing guide them them, for when making my breadmachine breads.

Valued Contributor

I watched a funny video of the Beekman boys making home made butter by putting the creme in a mason jar and shaking it, til your arms ached. I saved a mason jar to try it, but haven't yet. The video made me laugh though.

Esteemed Contributor

This is not the first novelty gadget QVC has sold, and it certainly won't be the last. I'm sure there are people who are currently excited to buy the churn and check it out, and then they'll come back and review it poorly, and it will go away. There are definitely a dozen better ways to get butter, but at least someone will have some fun and perhaps fill up some of their long quarantine hours with a productive task...  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@msclassylady717  I'm thinking of buying one of those bread slicing guides.  Since we're pretty much home-bound, I've been making English muffin bread and loaf pan types of items.  Can't cut the straight slices to save my life.  Do you like yours?  What kind is it?    

Frequent Contributor

Re: Butter Churner

[ Edited ]

Hey Coffeedrinker ..

My original one from years ago, was all plastic,  got lost when I moved.  This is the new one is more sturdy, I like it a lot.Bread Slicing Guide

Super Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

I watched a funny video of the Beekman boys making home made butter by putting the creme in a mason jar and shaking it, til your arms ached. I saved a mason jar to try it, but haven't yet. The video made me laugh though.

I did that with my kids and my grandkids. It's a great rainy day activity or a quarantine activity. They all loved doing it and then have the home made butter on biscuits. They were laughing the entire time they were shaking the mason jars.

Respected Contributor

Re: Butter Churner

[ Edited ]

@msclassylady717  I really like the looks of that one. I've seen so many of them on Amazon and BB&B and most of them were plastic.  The wood ones shown were kind of expensive, IMO -- in the $20+ range and I don't want to spend that much.  I'll copy the pic you provided and really look again.  Thank you again for the info.  

ETA @msclassylady717 FYI, I noticed my computer has a Cortana feature that asked if I wanted more info on the slicer.  It brought me to Lehman's (hope I got that name right) and it could be purchased for $20.  Not bad because it wood with some plastic.  It's currently out of stock, but I'll check that site periodically and look closer at Amazon.    

Esteemed Contributor

@msclassylady717 wrote:

Hey Coffeedrinker & Pooky, if you check out Lehmans.com they also have the butter churn in 2 different sizes, they also carry that butter boat that QVC use to sell that you put the water in the bottom, and they also have other kits for home making items, like make your own maple syrup. 

I did buy a bread slicing guide them them, for when making my breadmachine breads.

@msclassylady717  We Love Lehmans!! Visited their store about 40 years ago and bought some things we still use regularly. In years past, we saw small butter churns at local farm auctions and were never tempted. If our grandchildren lived nearby, we might reconsider Smiley LOL