Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

Hate to give away a trade secret but Saf -instant PREMIUM high power

is above the one you have and comes in 1lb bag sack.   Either Walmart or

Amazon I get it from. I put in freezer and just keep like 1/2 cup out in sealed container and use whenever.

Bag is total RED

The best !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Nightowlz 

Hate to give away a trade secret but Saf -instant PREMIUM high power

is above the one you have and comes in 1lb bag sack.   Either Walmart or

Amazon I get it from. I put in freezer and just keep like 1/2 cup out in sealed container and use whenever.

Bag is total RED

The best !

@SharkE 

The one I buy works pretty good. I have not had any problems using it. I got tired of going to Wal-Mart to pick up yeast & King Arthur flour & they did not have any in stock so I started ordering online. 

I vacuum seal mine & store in the freezer. I have a small bowl in the refrigerator to use. We go through about a package per year.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I quit using that store bought brand of yeast long time ago.

I buy it now just to put down the commode once a yr. One packet a month

plumber says will eat up bacteria and help break down stuff.

I bought a bag of the stuff you have and still have it, but, then , I started digging and came up with this PREMIUM variety and only the best for me

I have to make 4 dozen rolls for the 24th church dinner. They may want more , but, all I can hold out to do,  After that be no more bread making and baking for long time. LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Yeah, I quit using that store bought brand of yeast long time ago.

I buy it now just to put down the commode once a yr. One packet a month

plumber says will eat up bacteria and help break down stuff.

I bought a bag of the stuff you have and still have it, but, then , I started digging and came up with this PREMIUM variety and only the best for me

I have to make 4 dozen rolls for the 24th church dinner. They may want more , but, all I can hold out to do,  After that be no more bread making and baking for long time. LOL

@SharkE 

Just made a dozen rolls yesterday.

Never thought about using baking yeast in the plumbing.  

DH uses an enzyme digester. We started using it after The City cleaned their lines. They guys plumbing behind us was clogged after The City cleaned theirs. The guy told us The City did not go all the way through their line so caused problems with theirs. All the neighbors including us had to have our lines roto-rooted because of The City. Since than we have used the digester because it's suppose to keep your lines clean.

Honored Contributor

We're on own septic system out in the country subdivision and everybody has their own septic system. We're on 2 1/2 acres in a cul de sac. Had to have the truck come out one day and believe me toliet paper does not break down. LOL

That's what he man who built our house said "one packet of any kind of yeast will eat up paper. We still do it, but, toliet paper doesn't break down like they say it does. LOL

Can't believe what people find in sewer systems. People flush down anything and everything. Don't watch their kids and they're flushing down toys and stuffed bears. My husband would be kicking some serious butt

LOL

Valued Contributor

Your post has go thinking...I never owned a bread machine. Where I live it seems to be so hard to find good bread. Can they make crusty Italian bread or crusty of any kind? And would you say they are as good as home made bread ala Grandma used to make? 

Contributor

I only use mine to make the dough because I prefer to bake bread in my own pans.  The one thing I always do is weigh my flour. One cup should equal 4.4 ounces.  More than that and you could get a dense loaf.  Then liquids first, then flour, then sugar on one side and salt on the other side and yeast in a well in the center.  Never has let me down.

Honored Contributor

I make "grandma" bread too it's the best, but, if you get the right recipe and the right machine and follow directions the bread machine comes pretty close.

Only makes one loaf, plenty for us.  All you do is put in ingredients in the proper order and set the control panel and go sit on couch. I use mine mainly in winter. If there's anything better then homemade bread and real butter I haven't found it. LOL

Other day my oven was busy and once again I was glad I had the Foodi stuck the pork roast in it and baked then pressure cooked it while the oven was handling 3 doz cookies for the church dinner.

Next week the poor oven will be baking 4 dozen rolls.

Be glad when Nov. is over ! LOL

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Maybe this is why your sister didn't want it anymore, too many messes.  Sounds like the paddles weren't turning.  If it wasn't seated correctly, it seems like it would have made some noise to alert you.

I'd ditch it just like sis did, get yourself a new one, a reliable brand.

Honored Contributor

Ugh! I fell for buying a bread machine years ago. All I can say that it makes great bowling balls of bread. Horrible investment. Bread never rose no matter how many times I tried. Always turned out to be a dense, hard, ball of baked dough. Yuck. Live and learn I guess.

"Pure Michigan"