Frequent Contributor

Re: Beware: Garlic from China !

Patbz...

There is a world of difference getting food from a food truck no matter what ethnicity here in the US and purchasing food produced and/or manufactured in China.  Food trucks in the US are operated under our health and safety standards, I've seen enough segments on the news and read enough about sanitary conditions in China to know that I do not wish to consume food products from China.  I saw a piece on tilapia farming in China and it turned on my stomach, the farming was filthy in sewage filled water.

I will never forget about 10-15 years ago when my brother's cats both became ill with failing kidneys.  He spent thousands of dollars and the veterinarian could not figure out the problem and was really puzzled.  Both cats died.  The next year it was revealed pet food manufacturers here in the US purchased gluten from China that was tainted with ground melamine that caused kidney failure in both dogs and cats.

So you can make your choices about food products and where they come from and I and others will make ours.  It's rather tiresome to be called a Sinophobe when there is real and genuine concern about food production.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

The tainted 'jelly' shoes that had lead, tainted make-up, etc.  The list goes on and on. Then there was an investigation that showed they brought up most of the world's PPE by the second week of January (and also articles stating that other countries had to send their PPE back to China because what they received from them was defective):

Feb 7 U.S Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced that his department facilitated the transportation of nearly 17.8 tons of donated medical supplies to the China, including "masks, gowns, gauze, respirators and other vital materials." A USA Today analysis later determines that American companies sold more than $17.5 million worth of face masks, more than $13.6 million in surgical garments and more than $27.2 million in ventilators to China during the first two months of the year, far exceeding that of any other similar period in the past decade. They also sent notices out to all citizens throughout the world asking them to buy up what they could and send them home. WHO had still not declared a pandemic yet – that does not happen until 3/11. Starting to come out how much WHO covered up the virus issue for weeks.

Was going to throw out my garlic.  I checked my Costco garlic and it was grown, harvested and packed in CA. Love the people, but the rest is not our friends.  I also read last weekend a story that stated all Christians in the country had to take down their crosses and pics of Jesus and replace the. with a picture of their leader.

Regular Contributor

Where do you all think the devices you're making these comments on were made?  🙄🙄🙄

Super Contributor

@Sooner 👍

Trusted Contributor

@patbz wrote:

So if we were back in the 1950s, using your wrong sided premise, we'd have called Polio "American Polio"?

Why on earth would we?   Polio did not originate in the USA. 

Poliomyelitis has existed for thousands of years, with depictions of the disease in ancient art.[1] The disease was first recognized as a distinct condition by the English physician Michael Underwood in 1789[1] and the virus that causes it was first identified in 1908 by the Austrian immunologist Karl Landsteiner.[7] Major outbreaks started to occur in the late 19th century in Europe and the United States