Honored Contributor

šŸŒBanana Bread šŸŒ

I just made bread out of some sad looking bananas. Now the kitchen smells amazing ! Banana  transformation ! 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: šŸŒBanana Bread šŸŒ

Best way to use up thos over-ripe bananas.  However, mine never make it that long.  Very fussy about my bananas.  They have to be the correct ripeness for eating, and NO bruises.  I can almost smell your bread.

Honored Contributor

The last time I made banana bread, my bananas were very, very ripe and reduced to somewhat more than the recipe specified.  The loaves were very dense and wet - almost unedible, but I couldn't bear to throw them out.

Respected Contributor

YUMMMMMMM, I can imagine the waft of delish - wish I could sample some!! 

Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

My banana bread baking career is over.

After the first 3 months of the lockdown, I'm blaming the banana bread with my 6 pounds gained. 

So the weight is off, and i'll just live through your smell-a-posts.

Valued Contributor

I make banana muffins instead of bread. That way I can pop a serving here and thereSmiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

Dense and wet, that's what I'm looking for.  My banana bread is lousy, (dry)  so what I make is Antonella's banana cake.  It hasn't failed yet.  I sure hope this recipe is still on here, I don't know whether I ever transferred it to paper.  Come to think of it, I can do a Google search and it will come up somewhere.  

Trusted Contributor

If someone has the recipe, can you please share it? The only things I found online refer back to her QVC or QVC Facebook pges, which are gone. I don't belong to Instgram. Thanks for your help.

Honored Contributor

Banana breads are on my today's to-do list.

Trusted Contributor

I Love Banana bread but not bananas so I just bought banana's and am waiting on them to get perfect for bread. YUM