Honored Contributor

America's Test Kitchen - 1/3 show

Now  "America's Test Kitchen from Home"

Hosts from home -- totally enjoyable🙂

Maybe new season show.  I do love the cookbook since most recipes you need to join (pay) for website access.

I enjoy seeing the "outtakes" 😂 and of course, their home kitchens🙂

Honored Contributor

Re: America's Test Kitchen - 1/3 show

I haven't watched it yet, but it's waiting on my DVR. It's definitely my favorite cooking show, along with Cook's Country - I always learn something and I don't miss Mr. Grumpy Pants at all, if you know to whom I am referring.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 - Ooohhhh, that does sound interesting! The episodes of ATK and CC in my area this weekend were both reruns, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for the new format. Thanks for the heads up.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Maybe new season show.  I do love the cookbook since most recipes you need to join (pay) for website access.

Absolute worst website ever.  It's been years since I've gone there but you practically had to promise your first child, grandchild and great grandchild to gain access to see a recipe!

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

Absolute worst website ever.  It's been years since I've gone there but you practically had to promise your first child, grandchild and great grandchild to gain access to see a recipe!

@CelticCrafter  You can usually find them if you google. Almost always someone has posted the recipes.

Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I haven't watched it yet, but it's waiting on my DVR. It's definitely my favorite cooking show, along with Cook's Country - I always learn something and I don't miss Mr. Grumpy Pants at all, if you know to whom I am referring.

I tried watching his new show, Milk Street Kitchen.  It would be a better show without Christopher Kimball.

Honored Contributor

@MLM21 wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

I tried watching his new show, Milk Street Kitchen.  It would be a better show without Christopher Kimball.

I don't know if they've changed it yet but I couldn't watch - the set was too white and it hurt my eyes.

Respected Contributor

Always loved the show.  I did find it extremely odd that when everyone was doing a cooking segment with C.K. it was Speak AFTER HE Speaks and Eat AFTER HE eats.  Like taking tea with The Queen.  Have you got the Create channel? They have the show hosts do little commercials praising the diverse DIY shows on the channel and you can just SEE that he feels this is beneath him to do. 

Trusted Contributor

Seeing home kitchens is fun, though they all look a lot alike to me. I like the show, but somehow seldom make time to see it. Interesting comments about Kimball. I always thought he was pretty good. Both ATK and milk street have im air recipes free for download for a few days after airing, but I no longer subscribe or watch much. Milk street did come out with a new cookbook I like a LOT, titled "Cookish."

Honored Contributor

I absolutely cannot watch Kimballs show "Milk Street" well maybe if I need a show to put me to sleep😉😴

I always found him boring on ATK but like Julia & Bridgette. Glad they are the co-hosts of Cook Country.  Of course, I like the tips & equipment rating section of ATK.

I tried numerous times to get a recipe and @CelticCrafter noted you can only get so far then the "block of questions start" no way am I entering my cc info for a "trial" membership.

I bought the ATK cookbook I use it often but mostly for the info about measuring, equipment, etc.