Honored Contributor

Today I was looking around in Hobby Lobby and noticed silicone bake ware.  There was one that I liked that had different designs on the bottom of each section...there were 6 different designs on one pan.

I thought pound cake would be something I would like to bake using the silicone...each section is deep enough for a tiny cake......does the baked cake come out easily?  I have no experience baking with silicone so any tips/advice would be appreciated.  thanks

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

As an avid baker, I jumped on the silicone bakeware train when it first emerged, but that didn't last long.

I always had problems with release, no matter what I did.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Yes things remove easily from silicone. I have some silicone muffin cups. Nothing has ever sticked to them.

The problem is getting your pan to the oven after filling it. Might work better if baked on a cookie sheet or at least brought over to the oven on one to get it in the oven easier.

Honored Contributor

I used the silicone bakeware when it was all the rage years ago and liked it. The food did release easily, but I found the bakeware didn't hold up. Also, at that time the bakeware wasn't stable so you had to put the loaf pan or whatever size pan you were baking in on another pan like a metal cookie sheet to be able to put it in and out of the oven. Hopefully today the silicone bakeware is much improved.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  I bought a set of Cook's Essentials silicone bakeware  some years ago and liked it. Muffins, cupcakes etc. came out easily. The light colored cookie sheets had a tendency to stain, so I stopped using those.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Mom2Dogs 

As an avid baker, I jumped on the silicone bakeware train when it first emerged, but that didn't last long.

I always had problems with release, no matter what I did.

@KingstonsMom 

I never had any problems with my muffin cups. I did have one other smaller brownie size pan that it removes from easily. It was just a problem getting it to the oven so I just use my regular 9x9 pan.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

Getting silicone in the oven was problematic for me too, I guess I just decided overall that silicone bakeware was just a PITA to me.

I should say that most silicone bakeware I tried that were hard to remove were mini bundt pans and fancy shapes.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  I personally did not like it at all and gave it all away. It is unstable once you put batter in it, so it had to go on a cookie sheet first.\ The cake pan with the grooves was very hard to get the cake iout easily ( supposed to be non stick), and miserable to clean after baking. JMO

Esteemed Contributor

I use K42285 everyday! I prep & freeze  a lot of food, so they come in handy for reheating in the microwave. They're  great for portion control!

Honored Contributor

I never wanted silicone bakeware.

It just didn't appeal to me in any way.

I was gifted muffin cups.   They seemed a little more substantial than most silicone I had seen.   I brush (with my silicone brush, LOL) a little oil, as recommended & put them on my pizza pan.   Perfect results, easy release.

I also dreaded having to keep up with them, but I take the muffins out as soon as possible, wash them up & put them away.   Haven't lost one yet.

I was afraid a family member might accidentally throw one away

I'm happy with my other bakeware, metal & glass.  I have no desire to buy silicone

I do love silicone tools