Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

PLEASE PLEASE do not "surprise" people with food or drink that contains artificial sweeteners in them!  

Most I have ever tried give me an almost instant and debilitating migraine headache.  I know a lot of others like this too.  

People sometimes don't tell you until "surprise!" and you're thinking yep, I already knew because I can barely see you now. . . 

Hey, you got your name back!  Smiley Happy

ITA with this because some people get really bad problems from the pretend sugars.   Also, like sugar too, I would make sure a pet doesn't end up ingesting any of it.

But, with humans, some will end up spending the day in the bathroom and who knows how far it goes beyond that in making them ill.

I don't have problems with it, but I also make sure I don't get carried away because I have a feeling, even for somebody like me who doesn't have problems with it, that too much will have an adverse effect on anybody.

I remember, years ago on the hsn board, seeing a poster who was raging out about Splenda.  It was so evil because it made that person so ill.  The poster went on to describe that she (assuming gender) would get a bowl of berries and put several tablespoons of Splenda on it.  Then, when she was still hungry she would get ANOTHER bowl of berries with ANOTHER carpload of Splenda on it.  Then, wondered why she got sick.  Uh - duh!  Smiley Very Happy  Moral of the story:  It was not just the Splenda.  It was the excess..

Respected Contributor

I bought Swerve and tried to use it in baking and it was awful.  I have used the Splenda brown sugar, BUT (I'm sure somebody has mentioned this)............it's made with half artificial sweetner and half real brown sugar. 

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

PLEASE PLEASE do not "surprise" people with food or drink that contains artificial sweeteners in them!  

Most I have ever tried give me an almost instant and debilitating migraine headache.  I know a lot of others like this too.  

People sometimes don't tell you until "surprise!" and you're thinking yep, I already knew because I can barely see you now. . . 

Hey, you got your name back!  Smiley Happy

ITA with this because some people get really bad problems from the pretend sugars.   Also, like sugar too, I would make sure a pet doesn't end up ingesting any of it.

But, with humans, some will end up spending the day in the bathroom and who knows how far it goes beyond that in making them ill.

I don't have problems with it, but I also make sure I don't get carried away because I have a feeling, even for somebody like me who doesn't have problems with it, that too much will have an adverse effect on anybody.

I remember, years ago on the hsn board, seeing a poster who was raging out about Splenda.  It was so evil because it made that person so ill.  The poster went on to describe that she (assuming gender) would get a bowl of berries and put several tablespoons of Splenda on it.  Then, when she was still hungry she would get ANOTHER bowl of berries with ANOTHER carpload of Splenda on it.  Then, wondered why she got sick.  Uh - duh!  Smiley Very Happy  Moral of the story:  It was not just the Splenda.  It was the excess..

@chickenbutt Ha ha!  Yes my "good" name!  Woman Wink  It has been a journey because sometimes it would let me sign in with one of the two, sometimes either.  I have no idea what was going on!  Just hope it is over, and hope you are well and having things to enjoy!  

QVC Customer Care
Respected Contributor

We have been using slenda.just the regular kind and its really good. No scrappy after taste. Good luck.

Contributor

I've tried them all...coincidently, just today I received a re-order of ANDREW LESSMAN SUCRESS.  I wait until it's on sale which is pretty often.  You won't be disappointed.

Trusted Contributor
We discovered pure cane recently & really like it. It’s the only thing I can enjoy in my tea, which I drink a lot of. It does have erythritol, if that’s something you want to avoid.