Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Like English Muffins?

I love Baking Master English Muffin Toasting Bread. They don't sell them where we live now. But while in Minnesota this summer, I brought a couple of loaves home with me. 

I now buy Orowheat English muffins. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Like English Muffins?

[ Edited ]

We love English muffins. Anything but Thomas', which has downsized their muffins so much they now offer "king" size; I'm not playing that game.

There are plenty of quality brands out there. Bay's and Schwebel's are wonderful. So are Tops and Great Value (Walmart). Tops often has BOGO specials on their English muffins. It's wise to check out in-house brands of your favorite stores, too. Best Yet muffins, available in two stores here--when they're not sold out--are great, too.

I always freeze them, so I love stocking up with a good deal. And they're so versatile. Along with the usual butter or peanut butter, I like to put cottage cheese on them, then sprinkle with chives or "everything bagel" seasoning. Of course, they're a necessity for breakfast sandwiches made with that little appliance I got from QVC.

BTW, I don't even use a fork to split them. When defrosted, I simply go around the muffin, pressing slightly with my fingers. Then I carefully twist it. Ive been doing it that way for as long as I can remember!

What worries you masters you.