Respected Contributor

Anyone Like English Muffins?

I love English Muffins for breakfast.  My favorite brand is Thomas', but they put so much cornmeal on the bottom it gets all in my toaster and countertop.  So messy!!

Does anyone know of a store bought English Muffin that does not put cornmeal on the top or bottom?

TIA 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone Like English Muffins?

I have an English muffin just about every day. I usually buy Orowheat or Franz extra crispy. I can't say I ever noticed a mess from cornmeal. I buy presliced, but still have to cut open with a knife. These may be local to west  coast brands.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I love English Muffins for breakfast.  My favorite brand is Thomas', but they put so much cornmeal on the bottom it gets all in my toaster and countertop.  So messy!!

Does anyone know of a store bought English Muffin that does not put cornmeal on the top or bottom?

TIA 

I rub it off because I do not like cornmeal in any shape or form or anything made from cornmeal.

Honored Contributor

I don't know about "cornmeal" but Thomas' got to be too expensive.  We have switched to Trader Joe's "classic" English muffins and like them a lot at half the price of Thomas'.

Trusted Contributor

I like English Muffin bread.  It freezes well and that's important since it takes me a long time to use a whole loaf.  I use it for french toast, too.  The texture is great for that.

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate  Love them. Thomas is the only brand I like. I only buy the ones with raisins. If those are out of stock I get the original. I've tried Franz but only buy them if I'm desperate!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I don't know about "cornmeal" but Thomas' got to be too expensive.  We have switched to Trader Joe's "classic" English muffins and like them a lot at half the price of Thomas'.

@kaydee50   Thank you for the TJ's tip!  I like Thomas' too but think they're too expensive.  Sometimes I buy store brand, but Trader Joe's is probably better.

Respected Contributor

Mr 4kitties likes the Thomas's and I like the Bay's.

I just brush the excess cornmeal off with my hands over the sink before we toast them.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I love English Muffins, too.  I prefer Bay's over Thomas' & Bay's doesn't have the cornmeal problem.  But when I do buy Thomas' I wait for them to go BOGO at our Publix.  

Speaking of Publix, years ago, ok, probably more like decades ago, LOL, they used to sell Pickwick brand English Muffins in a bright yellow package.  They were the best.  Does anyone remember those?  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

Because many here have complained about cost of Thomas' they may not opt to try these, but Wolferman's Super-Thick English Muffins are so good. I often give these as gifts to families. They freeze well so if you have room in your freezer they are exceptional. I'm only aware you can order online though, never seen them in any store.