Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Like English Muffins?

@Venezia Bummer. We like thick, doughy and moist muffins. Ours are usually double wrapped. Not sure what happened to yours. I do have to say I haven't ordered them in probably a year. Maybe they're different now? Don't know, but ours were so yummy

Honored Contributor

@cjm61 - No, we ordered from Wolferman's before the pandemic.

That should tell you how bad they were then, since we just tossed the last of them.  (They'd been in the freezer that long because neither of us wanted to eat them.)

When they arrived with the box completely open, two packs of muffins were also open.  They didn't even offer a partial refund.  We had ordered the "Baker's Dozen" package.

I had joined the Celebrations Passport for free shipping for a year (after you paid $29.99).  I only used it about twice, so I never renewed that either.  And it was annoying after having paid for that, to see offers for anybody to get free shipping.

And looking at their website a couple weeks ago, they want $25 for a pack of 8 crumpets.  Plus $9 shipping!  Crazy.

Oh well, as we say, there's always something for everybody.

Honored Contributor

@cjm61 Interesting that you mention the cost of Thomas's English Muffins. For YEARS Safeway has carried them at around $2.59 or a bit more.

Recently when shipping was the worst, they jacked the price to $5.29!!! And the shelf was full as it looked like no one was buying them, me included. I bought another brand.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed the price was down to $2.79 so of course I bought some.

The powers that be who set the prices don't realize that this item is NOT a necessity and people will NOT pay a premium for it.

Honored Contributor

The Kroger brand of English muffin does not have the cornmeal.

Honored Contributor

They are ok, but I prefer a bagel.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@cjm61 Interesting that you mention the cost of Thomas's English Muffins. For YEARS Safeway has carried them at around $2.59 or a bit more.

Recently when shipping was the worst, they jacked the price to $5.29!!! And the shelf was full as it looked like no one was buying them, me included. I bought another brand.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed the price was down to $2.79 so of course I bought some.

The powers that be who set the prices don't realize that this item is NOT a necessity and people will NOT pay a premium for it.

SAMS CLUB has a 12 count thomas english muffins for $4.98. walmart has a 6 count for $3.48.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

We make our own English Muffins.  A brand we like when ordering is Wolferman's. Thick, nice chew and peaks and valleys to hold whatever we spread on them.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45  The 6 pack I buy is $2.79, much less than the Walmart price you posted as $3.48. There's not a W near here plus I prefer Safeway to other places, tho I do buy some things at Costco.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Yes, we love English Muffins and especially the plain as we can do whatever we want with them...breakfast muffins with egg, ham or  cheese or whatever your heart desires...much healthier than McDonald's for sure which we stay far away from... or just spread a really good strawberry jam...and we also use them to make little healthy pizzas which are a perfect size for me...so you can really do so much with them.

@MyShadowLove Actually, the McMuffin (the regular one with canadian bacon) isn't the worst thing you can eat if you are on the road.  Especially if you don't eat the cheese and the top half of the muffin.  Or if you are really hungry, scrape the cheese off.  

That makes it marginally better than the donut and will stay with you all morning.  Sad experience tells me this! LOL!!!

@Sooner ...Oh No, No, No, No, No!!!..You can't get me near a McDonald's and it doesn't make sense to have to scrape stuff off of something just to try and make it healthier...I much prefer making my own at home or, when we are on the road, we just stop off where we can get a healthy meal....Good try though!  LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@sunshine45  The 6 pack I buy is $2.79, much less than the Walmart price you posted as $3.48. There's not a W near here plus I prefer Safeway to other places, tho I do buy some things at Costco.

at our safeway, the 6 pack of thomas english muffins are currently $5.29.

generally, sams club or costco will always have them much cheaper.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein