Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Like English Muffins?

I didn't think QVC sold Wolferman's anymore, but it seems they did offer two different packages (both on waitlist).

However, the reviews were not very good.

Esteemed Contributor

That's funny..... my husband was eating an English muffin the other day, and commented the same thing about the cornmeal being all over the counter. I loved Wolferman's English muffins...until Harry & David bought them out. It took three weeks to arrive at my friends house as a gift, they were beyond stale, the box was open, no explanation. I got my money back, but it was embarrassing. I won't buy from them again.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 Not sure if you saw my post where my Safeway tried selling them for $5.29 for a couple of weeks and the shelves stayed full!

When the price came back to $2.79 people are buying them. I recently saw the vendor restocking when I picked up a package Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@sunshine45 Not sure if you saw my post where my Safeway tried selling them for $5.29 for a couple of weeks and the shelves stayed full!

When the price came back to $2.79 people are buying them. I recently saw the vendor restocking when I picked up a package Smiley Happy

LOL @Love my grandkids 

ours must be selling because they are still at the $5.29, but there are a few cheaper brands. i usually pick mine up from sams club though. i use one and freeze one. this time of year we go through a lot because of our crab puff recipe and our big family breakfasts.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

A nice option to toast. I make my own egg McMuffins which DH likes for breakfast.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia  I get them at Trader Joe's or Sprouts.  Don't know if you have either one near you.

Respected Contributor

@sandy53  Do you make your own English Muffin bread or can it be purchased?  Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@brandiwine wrote:

@Venezia  I get them at Trader Joe's or Sprouts.  Don't know if you have either one near you.

@brandiwine - I just realized you're probably talking about crumpets.  (Thought you were talking about Wolferman's, which I don't like.)

I don't have a Trader Joe's near me.  There's only one that's an hour's drive away, but it's a good thing to keep in mind, if I'm ever in that area.

(I just did a search on that one and they don't seem to stock them.  Maybe it's a seasonal thing.)

Respected Contributor

If I buy them at all I just get the store brand in Sour Dough.  

Trusted Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

@sandy53  Do you make your own English Muffin bread or can it be purchased?  Thanks. 

Ha!  I may be a retired Home Ec teacher, but I don't bake my own bread.  I buy it at my local Walmart.  It's called Baking Master English Muffin Toasting Bread.