Honored Contributor

Re: Another Temptations Cracked

I've heard before the recommendation of only putting them in a cold oven and that just makes no sense. 

Most things are not baked from a cold oven and, also, decently manufactured and properly fired stoneware does not have that problem.

All that does is to confirm that their stoneware is not properly fired or made with enough integrity to be used in heat sources.

Respected Contributor

I've been reading about these cracks for at least a couple years. The fact that this problem is not going away tells me to not to give in to Temptation.

Valued Contributor

@LisaMofSLCwrote:

Has anyone tried the products put out by Pioneer Woman? During the holidays, they had some bakers on sale, pretty too. But I didn't buy any, afraid it might be like Temptations.

@LisaMofSLC, I have bought several things from PW Mercantile online.  I have found everything well made and very well packaged for shipping. My items were received within 2 days and shipping was just $3.00.  I also received a follow up email asking if I was happy with my purchase etc., I highly recommend.

Respected Contributor

I have to agree with the posters who question why if something breaks not one, but two times, anyone would even consider get yet another replacement.  I would be at the point where I would tell them to find another sucker.

Corningware (most, but not all) and Fiesta are made here in the USA and that is good enough for me.  I have had my Corningware for over 40 years and my Fiesta is about twenty years old.  All of it looks brand new.  I also lean towards plain (no patterns) servingware.  I want my food to look good, not sit among "old world" or whatever the name is for all those gawdy patterns. 

I can't think of one upscale restaurant who serves their courses on platters that are anything but plain white.  I'm sorry, those items are not my taste.  To me they border on tacky.  But tacky or not, I just don't want my baking dishes cracking. 

Tara has made her fortune with QVC.  I think it is now time to bring in some quality dishes for the customer.

Respected Contributor

My dream is that with the new tax code and fewer regulations, Tara will find it economically feasible to start manufacturing in the U.S.  I feel that we would get a much better product.  Even if the price increased somewhat, it would be worth it.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would never buy Temptations. The patterns are way too busy. All of my bakeware is Pyrex, Corning Ware, and pieces made in Italy or Portugal. NONE of these have cracked.

Temptations is made-in-China junk.

Honored Contributor

@Topaz Gemwrote:

My dream is that with the new tax code and fewer regulations, Tara will find it economically feasible to start manufacturing in the U.S.  I feel that we would get a much better product.  Even if the price increased somewhat, it would be worth it.

@Topaz Gem.  I hope every company will be doing this.

Respected Contributor

She's hawking Chinese goods and I question whether we should be supporting China. They have a history of human rights violations, shady business regulations, dirty waters etc. I will stick to Corningware.  

Frequent Contributor

I have a set of the Old World pattern that I've had for years...maybe 10.  It came with a 9x13 baker and some smaller pieces. I use it all the time, never had a problem. I always see sets I would like to purchase, but then I have read a lot about them cracking in the oven so I don't purchase. 

Its a shame really, because it think they are very pretty and functional (as long as they don't crack). 

Honored Contributor

All my TT pieces are pretty old and I think that may have been why I don't have these horrid experiences. Most of mine are from the first couple years they were on QVC. My newest pieces are the seashell set I got as a housewarming gift when we moved to Fl. 8 years ago.

I have a 9x13 baker I use to make lasagna - So far so good. It was one of my very early pieces.