Contributor

Re: Another Temptations Cracked

Beware if you do have cracks.  I had a platter that developed a little crack after one use.  I was using it as a serving piece only.  Yesterday I carried it to the sink to wash it and the cracked piece completely broke off as I got to the sink, slicing my finger pretty bad.  I don't see any cracks in my other pieces, but if I do I'm not taking any chances of keeping them.  Not buying any more though.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Grandmapetes wrote:Smiley Very Happy

I am so disappointed. This is the second 13x9 Baker that has cracked. The first one cracked almost like a spider web, so I sent it back to Temptations and they replaced it with this one....making baked chicken this evening, opened the oven door to remove it, and I heard that awful “plink” sound....yep, huge crack in the corner. I have my original receipt and I emailed Temptations. 

Am I correct in remembering they have/had a lifetime limited warranty? I hope they replace it. I just bought another set of the bakers with the lid it’s and insulated carry case. I’d hate to think they’re going to be a problem.

Not good quality..  Why people collect this stuff is beyond me.   Like they collect more than just one pattern.  Where do these people store all of it?  And the patterns are pretty gaudy IMO.. Donate them to a thrift store.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee I agree with you that my Fiesta dishes will out live me. DH and I have several colors and love. That's one reason I think I need so many colors in lock and lock.

Esteemed Contributor

These problems are always occuring with Temptations.  I've posted before a similar experience.  Mine cracked in half in the oven and made an absolute mess and the dinner was ruined.  NEVER again would I purchase from this line.   I went back to my  good old fashioned Corningware that has lasted in my family for decades!

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

These problems are always occuring with Temptations.  I've posted before a similar experience.  Mine cracked in half in the oven and made an absolute mess and the dinner was ruined.  NEVER again would I purchase from this line.   I went back to my  good old fashioned Corningware that has lasted in my family for decades!

I have two Corning Ware blue cornflower pieces that will be 42 years old in April.

Honored Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

Grandmapetes wrote:Smiley Very Happy

I am so disappointed. This is the second 13x9 Baker that has cracked. The first one cracked almost like a spider web, so I sent it back to Temptations and they replaced it with this one....making baked chicken this evening, opened the oven door to remove it, and I heard that awful “plink” sound....yep, huge crack in the corner. I have my original receipt and I emailed Temptations. 

Am I correct in remembering they have/had a lifetime limited warranty? I hope they replace it. I just bought another set of the bakers with the lid it’s and insulated carry case. I’d hate to think they’re going to be a problem.

Not good quality..  Why people collect this stuff is beyond me.   Like they collect more than just one pattern.  Where do these people store all of it?  And the patterns are pretty gaudy IMO.. Donate them to a thrift store.

Your taste in gaudy isn't everyone else's and many people buy (or bought in the past) before they knew there were problems with quality. And there are people who have never had pieces break on them, most likely more than have had them break in the oven.

And you might ask the same thing about others who have closets full of handbags and shoes and more clothing or jewelry than a small village of women would ever use. 

They collect what they like in the amounts they wish to have or use. 

Honored Contributor

Why would you want to replace it a second time?  I would throw it away and purchase a reliable brand.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Frequent Contributor

I bought a chicken design measuring spoon set from Temptation website on 2016 black friday sale.

All of my spoons have cracks.

I've never used them....it has been sitting pretty on my kitchen counter.

I am not going to buy anything from this line. Quality is very bad Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

It is not worth the risk of getting cut or burned......I wouldn't bake with them anymore...

Honored Contributor

I have several sets of Temptations--probably too many.  I haven't had any crack and I use them in freezer, microwave and oven.  However, I do not have a 9 x 13 size which seems to be the one that cracks most often.  I don't plan on buying more because I do question the quality now.  I don't think the newer pieces are as well-made as the older.  I still have some Pyrex and Corningware stored away just in case.  These are almost 50 years old.  I did find that TT cleans up easier than Pyrex and Corningware and I really like the colors of TT.  Still will not order again and will definitely buy any for gifts.