Respected Contributor

Re: Another Temptations Cracked

Yet David Venable continues to rave about these things. His buddy Tara who he invites to dinner parties continues to profit. I get the idea these two are in cahoots laughing at our expense.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Yet David Venable continues to rave about these things. His buddy Tara who he invites to dinner parties continues to profit. I get the idea these two are in cahoots laughing at our expense.

@Reever.  David has a job. His employer is QVC. His job is to do what his employer tells him. SELL. If he announces on air that Temptations is ******, you will never see him again. I don't know why posters have such a hard time understanding this.

Contributor

I have never bought Temptations. Corningware is always good. Macy's has a line of bakeware and dinnerware called The Cellar Whiteware. It is made from porcelain. I don't have any of the bakeware, but I do have bowls and plates from this line. Very good quality. It is often on sale.

Honored Contributor

As someone who has a ton of Temp-tations and admits to it's inconsistent quality, if you are looking for something that is better quality, you will have to pay more.

There was a line on here for a short time by Lidia Bastianich that was about the same price point, but so heavy and well made. They should have really run with that line, but it disappeared, I think because it would have over taken Temp-tations if given the time on air and enough product variety. 

Longaberger pottery is much more expensive, but another brand that is really top quality. 

And people who have Fiesta swear by it. 

Temp-tations sells so well, not because of it's quality but because of it's price point, and the fact that there are so many different accessories to match and coordinate with the most popular patterns. Pfaltzgraff is about the only other line I know that makes so many things to match. Most lines only offer certain sizes and styles, and very little in coordinating things like flatware, linens, and accessory pieces. 

Honored Contributor

Want some good older kitchenware?  It is highly collectible right now, meaning Pyrex with designs and old Corningware patterns.  Check your local antique shops and malls, some is reasonably priced and excellent quality.

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Want some good older kitchenware?  It is highly collectible right now, meaning Pyrex with designs and old Corningware patterns.  Check your local antique shops and malls, some is reasonably priced and excellent quality.

I still have Corningware.  Mostly the blue flowers, the original, and one huge roaster with a lid that has a fall pattern on it.  Nothing older than 1980.  I had some I quart dishes and some individual serving pieces that I gave away.  I wish I still had a couple of those.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Has anyone tried the products put out by Pioneer Woman? During the holidays, they had some bakers on sale, pretty too. But I didn't buy any, afraid it might be like Temptations.

Respected Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

Has anyone tried the products put out by Pioneer Woman? During the holidays, they had some bakers on sale, pretty too. But I didn't buy any, afraid it might be like Temptations.

Saw it at Walmart.  Some cute patterns.  Price cheap,  Quality probably lower end.  Looked lower end.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of personal information

Occasional Contributor

I have had the same experience. Food ruined and oven not in great shape either! The rep that I had at Temptations told me that the bakers needed to be put into a cold oven!! NOT preheated!! The reason behind it was ceramic used needs to be heated gently not room temp to 350 degree oven!! I would hate to see if somebody put it in a 500 degree oven!!  I enjoyed the pieces but I will not buy anymore. Many other brands out there work just fine like Rachel Ray. Never had a problem with hers from fridge to oven no issues. Too bad Tara doesn't read these blogs.