Trusted Contributor

I am so disappointed. This is the second 13x9 Baker that has cracked. The first one cracked almost like a spider web, so I sent it back to Temptations and they replaced it with this one....making baked chicken this evening, opened the oven door to remove it, and I heard that awful “plink” sound....yep, huge crack in the corner. I have my original receipt and I emailed Temptations. 

Am I correct in remembering they have/had a lifetime limited warranty? I hope they replace it. I just bought another set of the bakers with the lid it’s and insulated carry case. I’d hate to think they’re going to be a problem.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another Temptations Cracked

Why would you continue to have this brand replaced....just not worth ruining your food!  I've thrown away my Temptations and use my old trustworthy Pyrex and Corningware...jmo....

Trusted Contributor

@nana59 I have several sets, but for some reason, it’s just the 13x9 baker that seems to be the culprit. I use the bowls and other pieces all the time and have had no problems. 

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

@nana59 I have several sets, but for some reason, it’s just the 13x9 baker that seems to be the culprit. I use the bowls and other pieces all the time and have had no problems. 

Maybe it's the pieces that you put in the oven....

Honored Contributor

Knowing the history and reputation of this product, if i'd had two break and ruin a meal, I surely wouldnt trust it a third time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've stopped buying Temptations because cracking in oven. I have a couple of pieces in confetti and a set in Springfetti which I love. Not buying anymore.

Valued Contributor

I have a small set I bought in black floral lace that I love, but after hearing all the stories I decided against baking in them. I'm quite sure some people have such an investment in them it seems more reasonable to buy a piece or two more than give up on the set they've spent years building. 

It would be like giving up your losing slot machine to the old lady next to you for 5 cents and she wins a million. 

But I'm not saying I wouldn't be that old lady. That's for sure.

Respected Contributor

I would highly recommend Fiesta.  I replaced my 12x15 baker and 9x9 baker with Fiesta pieces...they are so sturdy and I don’t worry about cracking.  I’m sure they will outlast me!

Purchased at Kohls with coupon codes and free shipping.  

Respected Contributor

I am not buying any more pieces myself.  I have a lot of the blue old world and the Christmas poinsettia pattern.  I have many pieces that have held up well.  However, the bigger of the poinsettia bakers I had developed a crack while stored in the cabinet.  I had not even used it in the oven.  Also, I can now see "lines" on the bottom of one of the blue bakers which I think may crack if I cook in it again.  I do like my Temptations and love the look of them but when I think I that I have corning ware and pyrex bakers from 30 years ago that still look new and have  never cracked I don't think I want to invest any more money in these.  

Valued Contributor

I have a couple small sets, I only serve in them. Cracking is the reason I don't buy them anymore.