Honored Contributor

Meat sure went up ! 4 minute (cube ) steaks used to be 5-7 bucks today they were 12.00 I said no way.

Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I did a major grocery stock up almost 4 weeks ago.  The only thing that I had trouble finding was rice and I was perplexed as to why.

@shoptilyadropagain Just saw this.  It seems all things with a long shelf life have been bought up, or the visus hit in an area of production or distribution that has caused shortages.

Respected Contributor
Store I shopped at Monday had few cans/packages of tuna, any type, and restricted to six per person. Soup section pretty much cleaned out too. Eggs have been restricted in most stores I have been in for quite awhile. All of the stores in my area have had a no return policy of all items since beginning of pandemic. IMO people are still hoarding many items. Just hope it does not end up in the trash when the pandemic wears down.
Super Contributor

I was able to purchase beautiful fresh duck eggs from a 4-H participant. The national 4-H site has a local search capability to see what is available in your area. What funds the kids earn go to support their hobby. Even urban areas would have kids raising chickens, etc.

Respected Contributor

My Burger King is out of ice cream and shakes. Says there's a shortage. Marinara sauce is also on their shortage list. This might be just my local BK, but still, I've never seen that before.

Regular Contributor

Has anyone else had trouble finding hamburger buns? We usually have our groceries delivered. The last time we were able to get them was in March & had to get a different brand than we usually purchase. The order software wasn't working this afternoon so my husband offered to take the list & get our groceries He found no hamburger or slider buns . All that was on the shelf was expensive hot dog buns. We are in the midwest, how are things where you live?

Honored Contributor

@KathT wrote:

Has anyone else had trouble finding hamburger buns? We usually have our groceries delivered. The last time we were able to get them was in March & had to get a different brand than we usually purchase. The order software wasn't working this afternoon so my husband offered to take the list & get our groceries He found no hamburger or slider buns . All that was on the shelf was expensive hot dog buns. We are in the midwest, how are things where you live?

@KathT no problem finding buns of any kind.  I can find bread, just not my favorite breand.

Honored Contributor

Here in South Jersey hamburger buns are abundant. I just bought an eight-pack Tuesday and both stores I was in had plenty. Paper goods are still largely non-existent. Chicken has largely disappeared from stores, only chicken legs and just four packages of them were in my big supermarket on Tuesday. Meat was pretty scarce with the meat cases largely empty. Cleaning supplies are hit and miss. I hit two stores and got what I needed for May, but barely. Prepared frozen food is largely non-existent. As soon as they fill the freezers, people clean them out. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!