Frequent Contributor
On 5/13/2014

I've never been charged a restocking fee. One time, I received the wrong item and requested an exchange. They said to keep the item with their compliments and they'd just send another. It was only about $10, so I can understand them not wanting the hassle and expense of a return (when the error was their fault) but I appreciated the effort.

They sent me a wrong philosophy item. Purity instead of miracle eye cream. I had to ship back ups (versus USPS ) which is 20 mins drive for me. I had to pay return shipping. They eventually refunded me, but it took 3 phone calls and 3 weeks to get refund and I never did get the product as they were out of stock. And to boot, the Amazon warehouse it came from is closer to me than ups..

Honored Contributor

Bought Prime for the first time this year when I bought a Kindle. I'm unlikely to renew. First because I don't find the free books they offer are what I want to read. Second because I rarely stream video. I had hoped I'd use Prime a lot for those purposes. I already knew I'd rarely use it to buy general products because I buy so few products to begin with!

Yet, I think for families, for those who do stream video, for small business owners needing supplies often, Prime is a great deal.

This has nothing to do with Prime, but I'll say it here anyhow. I don't think our skies are big enough for Amazon to deliver packages via drones near big cities where commercial air traffic is already taxing the safety limits. Just because it might be possible doesn't mean it's a good idea. I have to fly in the NYC area - I don't want the planes I'm on competing with a drone delivering tulips for a wedding.

Respected Contributor

Bear in mind if you're a student (or one of your kids is in college) you get Amazon Prime for 1/2 price. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} You do need an .edu addy, and they usually will ask for proof that you're enrolled.

Honored Contributor
I've had several things arrive damaged or didn't work properly. When that happens, you better pack them fast because the next day UPS will be at your door with a label to pick up the package. Your refund shows up in about 2 days.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have not signed up for Prime, nor will I. I usually receive everything with two or three days, free shipping for practically everything I order, and that is just fine. I just don't understand the benefit(s) of Prime, to warrant that amount of money, or any for that matter.

Respected Contributor

I have been considering it to watch call the midwife and other shows ;but I have a question.When streaming shows do they do that constant buffering thing?? That makes me nuts. I think the free shipping is great and can't you share the free shipping with family members at another address?? Ok,that is actually TWO questions..LOL!

Occasional Contributor
On 5/13/2014 birkin baby said:

I have been considering it to watch call the midwife and other shows ;but I have a question.When streaming shows do they do that constant buffering thing?? That makes me nuts. I think the free shipping is great and can't you share the free shipping with family members at another address?? Ok,that is actually TWO questions..LOL!

I think any buffering issues would be related to internet speeds. I don't have a super fast speed and do not have any issues with buffering. To answer your question about sharing the free Prime shipping with family members at another address, yes you can do that. I have my sister getting the free Prime shipping. Once you're a Prime member you can 'invite' a family member to share that benefit. You can share with up to four household members - who do not have to live with you. Hope that helps.

Respected Contributor
On 5/13/2014 danirose said:
On 5/13/2014 birkin baby said:

I think any buffering issues would be related to internet speeds. I don't have a super fast speed and do not have any issues with buffering. To answer your question about sharing the free Prime shipping with family members at another address, yes you can do that. I have my sister getting the free Prime shipping. Once you're a Prime member you can 'invite' a family member to share that benefit. You can share with up to four household members - who do not have to live with you. Hope that helps.

It totally helps!! I appreciate the info!!

Trusted Contributor

Now it's not even Smartpost any more. My most recent order started out with UPS, who transferred it to FedEx, who transferred it to USPS. I placed the order 5/5, it was supposed to be delivered 5/10, I finally got it yesterday.

Frequent Contributor

I just started to use my Kindle and love it! I've had Amazon Prime free for a month and now I will pay the $79 fee (reduced rate) for a year. I am mostly housebound so getting free games, books, etc works for me. The free shipping on large and heavy items is what I especially like. With so many varied items to choose, I will definitely be using it!

Re