Honored Contributor

The only thing we have ever returned to Aldi because we didn't like it was cereal.  

Other than that, we have been satisfied with what we buy there and have saved a lot of money this past year using them and Lidl for most of our grocery shopping.

Honored Contributor

Bought two containers yesterday. We like the medium roast for breakfast. For the price, I'd say give it a try.

Respected Contributor
I think it’s terrible.
Honored Contributor

Re: Aldi Ground Coffee

[ Edited ]

DH likes this one but it's been out of stock. I picked up 8 bags last time they had it which was several months ago.

He also has some Maxwell House Intense Bold. He likes his coffee with a tablespoon of coffee per cup of water. I don't drink coffee.

Amazon.com : Barissimo Premium Fair Trade Dark Roast Ground Coffee - 12oz  Bag : Grocery & Gourmet Food

Honored Contributor

I've bought coffee at Aldi's many times and it is always good. I'm sure it would not be good enough for the Starbuck's snobs though. You can always try it and if you don't like it don't purchase again. 

Respected Contributor

I avoid Aldi.  In my area their clientelle is often unkempt and disheveled much like their store.  Empty boxes all over the place, products not in the correct spot.  They need to step up their cleanliness in my opinion. Id rather pay a few dollars more and shop in an organized store.

Respected Contributor

i only buy Aldi coffee. The French Roast is my standby but lately i found the Fair Trade Sumatra and Columbian coffees. Lidl has a Costa Rica coffee i like. The Lidl Decaf in a can is good. My mother likes it and shes a major coffee snob.

Aldi is a small store.    who spends so much time in there to complain about empty boxes 

Frequent Contributor

I was using pods for my Keurig and I was constantly buying them.  One day I said no more, this is such a waste.  When I was shopping at Aldi's I saw the coffee and said $3.79 not a bad price so I bought one to try.  I was pleasantly surprised, it was pretty good.  Between Aldi's and another store in my area, Ocean State Job Lot, that is where I buy all my coffee.  I only drink flavored coffee and usually switch between four or five flavors at a time, last me a very long time and now only buy coffe a few times a year instead of every other week with pods.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

I avoid Aldi.  In my area their clientelle is often unkempt and disheveled much like their store.  Empty boxes all over the place, products not in the correct spot.  They need to step up their cleanliness in my opinion. Id rather pay a few dollars more and shop in an organized store.

@Reever, If you have another nearby you might want to check it out. We have 2 that are really nice and there is a third that is horrible. It is dangerous to go in there it is such a mess.

Trusted Contributor

My Ald's is brand new,love going there,get things not elsewhere.The store is always clean an kept up.Was just there,to see what is on special.I have bought their coffee many times,love it.Seem I find stuff there all the time!