Valued Contributor

Could hardly believe it

Valued Contributor

Re: $70. For a cheesecake. oMG

If I were having a large Thanksiving gathering, it would be worth it to me.  It would be a beautiful table presentation and a once-a-year special treat that won't happen again until perhaps next Thanksgiving.  Life's too short to deprive oneself from indulging in a treat every once in a while even if it's a 5 lb. $70 cheesecake.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe it. Even though S&H is listed as free, I think it's built into the $70 price tag. Packing and shipping food like that is a royal PITA, so to speak.

If I really wanted to buy a fun/festive cheesecake, I'm close enough to a Cheesecake Factory and would just go that route.

Honored Contributor

I hosted Christmas dinner buffet and one of the guests sent me the Jrs raspberry swirl cheesecake (11") -- I knew it was pricey since I shop Q BUT well worth it absolutely delicious!!! No leftovers in sight boo hoo!

I would order if I was having TGiving or Christmas this year.  Well worth the price in my opinion.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was thinking of getting it for my work actually to share with my coworkers!  LOL

Honored Contributor

Hey if it's worth it to you , go for it. However, if you have a KItchen Aid mixer, you can whip one up in no time.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I USED to think that if it was expensive it must be good...you know all those great desserts and food items that Neiman Marcus sells....wrong.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Brooklynny wrote:

If I were having a large Thanksiving gathering, it would be worth it to me.  It would be a beautiful table presentation and a once-a-year special treat that won't happen again until perhaps next Thanksgiving.  Life's too short to deprive oneself from indulging in a treat every once in a while even if it's a 5 lb. $70 cheesecake.

I can think of better things to do with seventy dollars then waste it on buying a cheesecake. 

Honored Contributor

Junior's cheesecakes are way better than most so called cheesecakes as  the best ingredients are used.  While Cheesecake Factory ones are tasty, they are a different style of cheesecake.  It is expensive to make a cheesecake like Juniors.  There is a difference in taste and texture using the brand name cream cheese and generic also,  I have the recipe for the original Junior's cheesecake and it is expensive to make a 10" one so when you factor in time involved in preparing and baking, shipping and handling it is not really expensive for the high quality!  Real cheesecake is not what many are used to - some gram cracker crust and a sugar cream cheese mix.     

Respected Contributor

@Pook My thoughts exactly. Made a cheesecake lately?  It's not cheap!