Honored Contributor

Need Eggnog Bundt Cake recipe please!

My MIL misplaced her eggnog bundt cake recipe and asked if I could try to find a similar recipe online.

Her recipe was a scratch recipe, using flour and most of what I'm finding after googling, are recipes using a cake mix, some with pudding mix.

Does anyone have an eggnog bundt cake recipe that doesn't involve cake mix or pudding mix?

I sure would appreciate it.....as we all know......gotta try to keep the MIL happy, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Need Eggnog Bundt Cake recipe please!

@KingstonsMom

Eggnog Bundt Cake

Ingredients

• 3 c. flour
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1 t. baking powder
  • 1/2 t. baking soda
  • 3/4 c. buttermilk
  • 1 TBLS vanilla extract
  • 1 TBLSP lemon juice
  • 18 TBLS unsalted butter, cut up and softened
  • 2 c. granulated sugar
  • 3 large eggs plus 1 yolk
  • 1/4 c. dark rum, divided (I used Meyers)
  • 1 t. ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 t. ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar

Instructions

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 c. bundt pan ( I used Nordicware's anniversary pan) with baking spray.
  2. Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Whisk buttermilk, vanilla, and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
  3. Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and yolk and mix after each addition. Add flour mixture alternatively with the buttermilk mixture in 3 additions, mixing after each one. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
  4. Remove 1 cup of the cake batter and mix it in a small bowl with 1 TBLS of rum, nutmeg and cinnamon. Set aside.
  5. Spread the remaining cake batter evenly in the bundt pan. Spoon the spiced batter in a even layer on top. ( This spiced batter will magically bake into the cake)
  6. Bake the cake for 50 min-1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out with only a few moist crumbs. Rotate the pan halfway through the baking process.
  7. Allow the cake to cool for at least twenty-five minutes before inverting the cake onto a cooling rack.
  8. When fully cooled, (about two to three hours) carefully transfer the cake to a serving platter.
  9. Prepare the icing by whisking the confectioner's sugar with 3 TBLS of rum in a small bowl. Drizzle the icing over the top of the cake and allow to set (25 minutes) before serving.

Recipe source:  COOK’s ILLUSTRATED

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom

Eggnog Bundt Cake with Eggnog Buttercream

Ingredients

• 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 3 large eggs, room temp
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 cup eggnog
  • 1/4 eggnog flavoring or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Buttercream:
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup eggnog
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour a 10-inch bundt pan and set aside.
  2. In a small bow mix together the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk together. Set aside.
  3. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until completely incorporated.
  4. With the mixer on low add in the dry ingredients, alternating with the eggnog until the batter is completely smooth.
  5. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
  6. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then overturn the cake pan on wire rack and allow to cool completely.
  7. To make buttercream: Beat the butter until very creamy. Beat in the sugar, eggnog, and flavorings until completely smooth. Frost the cake and enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom

Eggnog Pound Cake
Serves 12
For the cake
  1. 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  2. 3 cups granulated sugar
  3. 6 eggs
  4. 3 cups flour
  5. ½ teaspoon nutmeg
  6. ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
  7. ¼ teaspoon baking soda
  8. 1 cup prepared eggnog
For the frosting
  1. ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
  2. ¼ cup eggnog, at room temperature
  3. ½ teaspoon vanilla
  4. ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
  5. 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
For the cake
  1. Preheat the oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan.
  2. Beat the butter in the bowl of a large stand mixer on medium until creamy. Slowly add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy, a good 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  3. Combine the flour, nutmeg, salt and baking soda and add the creamed mixture, alternating with the eggnog. Do this in three additions, ending with eggnog. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
  4. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 -60 minutes until a tester inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached. Cover the top of the cake loosely with foil if it begins to brown to much. Cool the cake in the pan for about 10 minutes, then invert it on a wire rack to cool completely.
For the frosting
  1. Beat the butter, eggnog, vanilla and nutmeg together in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium until smooth and creamy. Add the confectioner’s sugar gradually and beat until combined and smooth. You want a thick but pourable icing, so adjust with extra eggnog or sugar as needed. Spoon the frosting over the completely cooled cake.
Trusted Contributor

Is there a recipe for a 9x13 Eggnog Cake and an Eggnog Icing? If someone has one please share. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

As usual Lola to the rescue!Heart

You are always so kind to help other posters 'find' what they're looking for!

I'll give MIL these (and any other contributions) and she can choose/adapt which is most like her original recipe.

Thank you so much for your time and effort, it's much appreciated!  

Smiley love 130.GIF

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

YES!  Thank you for posting these!

The one with RUM and buttermilk is seriously calling my name!

@KingstonsMom

Thanks for posting the question!

Honored Contributor

EASIEST one I've ever found & my mixer holds twice the recipe:

1 box yellow cake mix

1  3.4 oz. instant vanilla pudding

3/4 cup Borden's egg nog (in a box..not refrigerated)

4 lg. eggs

1/2 tsp. nutmeg

3/4 cup veg. oil

Preheat oven to 350. Spray bundt pan w/ PAM. Add all ingredients to mixer. Let mix for about 3 minutes until well blended & fluffy. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 40-50 min. Let cool for 10 minutes. Turn out on cake plate & sprinkle w/ powdered sugar.