Honored Contributor

For that price, I'd rather buy a waffle maker.

Respected Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

Last night I laughed out loud when eight small waffles were presented for $36 and change.  Today they are $38 and change.  Are the buyers in la la land?  The food pricing is out of reach on most items.

I saw that too and thought the same thing.  And I thought Eggo prices went up too much from $1.79 to $2.59.

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

Last night I laughed out loud when eight small waffles were presented for $36 and change.  Today they are $38 and change.  Are the buyers in la la land?  The food pricing is out of reach on most items.

@Gabidog No more than people who spend $250 on a handbag they could buy for $11 at WalMart; for get for $1 at Good Will.  Or those who spend $45,000 on a car they could buy used for $2,000.  

It's a matter of income and choice.  What's weird about that?  Do all of us only buy what makes sense ecomonically?  I think about everything we buy could be gotten cheaper from a can of peas to a car.  So what?  We decide price and value for everything we shell out a nickle for.  Why anyone would spend a nickle for an RV is beyond me, but that's just me. . . 

Valued Contributor

I have to believe there are more potential customers for a $250 handbag than customers of eight small waffles for $38.  QVC buyers should offer products that appeal to the most possible people.  How much money did QVC make on the five minute presentation of those waffles?  It was a waste of on air time.

Valued Contributor

the only thing i bought and truly enjoyed was the caramel popcorn from Farmer Johns. my husband like it to but we got tired of it so i cancelled AD. I learned my lesson for JIMMY THE BAKER about expensive overpriced CRAPPY food... I found a recipe that is waaaay BETTER than his crumbcakes. good ol martha stewart recipe...

Respected Contributor

Yes, the food on the Q is pricey.  Am still feeling guilty for spending $60 for those little Mamie's pies.

Respected Contributor

@so so wrote:

the only thing i bought and truly enjoyed was the caramel popcorn from Farmer Johns. my husband like it to but we got tired of it so i cancelled AD. I learned my lesson for JIMMY THE BAKER about expensive overpriced CRAPPY food... I found a recipe that is waaaay BETTER than his crumbcakes. good ol martha stewart recipe...

I liked JB crumbcake (blueberry) but was NOT impressed with his sweet rolls.