Honored Contributor

Yay ! been waiting on fresh peaches.

Hope others are getting them in your city orchards 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  Where do you find decent peaches in Amarillo?  The only time I've gotten good ones is when in Colorado.  The raise wonderful fruit. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

yep, that's where they're coming in from

They have a stand up on Coulter St. beside a nursery shrub business

Not cheap, but, reminds me of Ind.

Honored Contributor

This website is testing my last good nerve today

Honored Contributor

My son has a peach tree in his front yard. My dil, every summer, has wonderful peaches that she cans. Last year she was ready to pick them the next day. She got up the next day and every single peach was gone from their tree! We were stumped how they all could be gone. Well, my son, within the last year, has installed outdoor cameras. We now know what happened to the peaches....deer. My son lives in the middle of the suburbs and have deer visiting every night eating all they flowers, vegetation and yup, you guessed it, all the peaches off of their tree! Grrr.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2.  Those deer probably thought they'd died and gone to heaven.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

probably got the trots

Honored Contributor

Nectarines are in too. Went to my local gourmet market Weiland's this week for Georgia peaches and they were out of them. They made a deal with the peach guy who'll be back this weekend. They will buy all he has to stock the shop.

Meanwhile their staffer I talked to sold me on THE BEST nectarines ever. Bought 4, I've eaten 2 so far - these are AMAZING!!!!!!  So sweet, so tasty they almost melt in my mouth. If I end up missing the peaches this weekend, it'll be okay because I'm buying more nectarines.

Honored Contributor

Earlier this season we tried the peaches from CA - looked and smelled great, peeled nicely too but there was no flavor. Then peaches from S.Carolina came in, haven't tried those becase we wait for the Georgia peaches. Now we're talking but they GO FAST.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, Ga is probably the best. Up in Ind we had good ones, now, I have to be happy with what comes out of Colorado since Tx doesn't grow squat.

(amarillo, Tx area,,,,,,high plains)

Cows, are the boss down here.