Super Contributor

Question. something bothering me.  We all know David tastes every food item that is presented, and usually does the happy dance!

Was watching yesterday, with the lady selling lobsters, and he never tasted the food!  Not that I saw, anyway.  HE Tastes everything!

Anyone notice this?  It was very noticable!

Honored Contributor

Re: DAVID AND THE LOBSTER LADY

and your point is?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

He may be allergic to it or he just might not like it.  No big deal!!!

Respected Contributor

@qvc chick wrote:

Question. something bothering me.  We all know David tastes every food item that is presented, and usually does the happy dance!

Was watching yesterday, with the lady selling lobsters, and he never tasted the food!  Not that I saw, anyway.  HE Tastes everything!

Anyone notice this?  It was very noticable!

I didn’t notice because I actually don’t care if he tastes everything. Why should he? In fact David probably needs to step away from a lot of that food for the sake of his waistline.  

Esteemed Contributor

He might be allergic to shell fish or maybe he doesn't like fish...it's common.

Valued Contributor

Don’t know why he did not taste the lobster, but many people from the South do not like seafood?

Respected Contributor

@qvc chick: David has mentioned on previous shows he doesn't like seafood. There's one food you'll never see him eat: brussel sprouts.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know why QVC puts these types of food items in his shows.  David has been very honest in the past about the fact that he doesn't care for fish or seafood.  Usually, they had Mary or more recently Stacey be the fish taster.  I have seen him take a bite or two of salmon but even then you could tell he didn't care for it.  I can't speak to the quality of the item he was presenting but I simply can't stand the smell or taste of fish and seafood so I feel for the guy. 

Honored Contributor

I would not have thought about it even if I'd been watching.  

I watch QVC pretty much the way I shop the supermarket.  In the supermarket I ignore most of the aisles almost every time I shop.  Same with the Q -  only if I going to buy now or am planning a specific purchase do I tune in and really pay attention to what's on the screen or to what's being said.

Honored Contributor

You don't have to taste something to sell it.  For example shoes.  They don't always taste or wear shoes and sell them.

David and the Lobster Lady--sounds like a children's book.

David and the Laundry Lady

David and the Waffle Man